I'm sorry, but they're just hideous!

manley

28 minutes ago, SILVER SLED said:

Are you this insecure about everything you own?

It begs the question, why come to a T1XX forum and bash our trucks (granted you do not own one, nor does the OP)  Why would someone do that?

Then when folks disagree and emphasize all the good, you want to criticize for the manner of response?    Oh  golly,  think I just figured things out, sorry I'm getting up there in age, takes me a second or two, but I put my goggles on and now...I see it,  you are lowly, smudge of an Antagonist??  It is with great confidence, I stress the smudge part of that too.  

Edited by Doolin-Dalton
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Doolin-Dalton said:

It begs the question, why come to a T1XX forum and bash our trucks (granted you do not own one, nor does the OP)  Why would someone do that?

Then when folks disagree and emphasize all the good, you want to criticize for the manner of response?    Oh  golly,  think I just figured things out, sorry I'm getting up there in age, takes me a second or two, but I put my goggles on and now...I see it,  you are lowly, smudge of an Antagonist??  It is with great confidence, I stress the smudge part of that too.  

Somebody on this forum said the K2 was considered ugly when it started out?Show me where people were saying that.I just find it funny that two years in the model year,were still saying that the T1 truck is still ugly.

On 1/30/2020 at 5:27 AM, Sjordan said:
23 minutes ago, Cjc said:

Somebody on this forum said the K2 was considered ugly when it started out?Show me where people were saying that.I just find it funny that two years in the model year,were still saying that the T1 truck is still ugly.

My biggest gripe with the T1's is the interior and the lack of care that went into it.  On the outside it looks good to me. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Doolin-Dalton said:

So I'll take that as a yes.  

1 hour ago, Cjc said:

The K2 wasn’t ugly. The K2 got blasted in the media for being so vanilla, and hardly any different that the last generations of Silverado.

Nevertheless, this thread made a lot more sense when it was started in October of 2018 because the T1s were just hitting the lots, and a lot of people were SHOCKED at how much it changed. But I give GM a lot of credit for finally taking a chance and making some aggressive styling decisions. I understand it’s not for everyone but I think it’s a striking design, and it makes the K2 look like it’s 15 years older.

As I see it, the insecure people are the ones that feel the need to poke their heads in here to trash other people’s trucks. Tell me again how “NO STRANGER IS GONNA TAKE A PIC OF YOUR TRUCK LIKE THEY DID MINE” is a secure statement. ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, OnTheReel said:

As I see it, the insecure people are the ones that feel the need to poke their heads in here to trash other people’s trucks. Tell me again how “NO STRANGER IS GONNA TAKE A PIC OF YOUR TRUCK LIKE THEY DID MINE” is a secure statement. ?

It seemed like a very insecure statement, that's why I posted what I did.  

I thought the K2 looked bloated. It wasn’t bad. It just looked like a regular Chevy, which in my life that started in 1972, never moved me at all. As soon as I saw the Trail Boss pictures I was saying, “holy shit, now we’re talking, GM!” And two years later I finally bought my first GM out of 20+ cars. I love the look.

6 hours ago, OnTheReel said:

The K2 wasn’t ugly. The K2 got blasted in the media for being so vanilla, and hardly any different that the last generations of Silverado.

Nevertheless, this thread made a lot more sense when it was started in October of 2018 because the T1s were just hitting the lots, and a lot of people were SHOCKED at how much it changed. But I give GM a lot of credit for finally taking a chance and making some aggressive styling decisions. I understand it’s not for everyone but I think it’s a striking design, and it makes the K2 look like it’s 15 years older.

What kills me two years later and were still talking about how ugly they are,and it's just not a couple of people.I don't think it's a insecure statement at all.I can't believe a total stranger took a picture of my truck.Listen I'm a old man and owned many nice looking vehicles.But never had a stranger take a picture of any of them.Tell me how many  strangers have  taken a picture of a T1.I already know the answer and it's a no.

On 1/28/2020 at 9:40 PM, TXGREEK said:

Buy whatever you what, no one is telling you to do otherwise but let’s not cut down other vehicle pricing because YOU find it more feasible to buy and own what you want. As to show you proof of reliability, I never said they’re more reliable but I’m part of the Raptor forum too and I see little things, meaningless issues on their forums unlike these GM forums from leaking windows, transmission problems, fuel management breakdowns, engine cut off, shudder/vibrations and I could go on and on. You’re happy with your truck as I am with mine but I’ll bet I’m lots more happier with my truck than you are of yours as I bought based on my wants and not on discounts. That said, I’ll continue enjoying, pampering and spoiling my truck until the day comes and it decides to crap on me which I seriously doubt it will ever happen but if it ever does, NEEEEXT!

My neighbor asked me one day, why are you always switching cars, “cars are like dating, once you get bored of them you just move on” needless to say, didn’t know he was a liberal so that didn’t go off well lmao!

Btw, I’ve bought and owned GMs literally every two years for the past 30 plus years, always had issues with each and everyone of them and yet I’m still drawn to them but after today’s research and the absolute BS issues inherited by the new T1’s throughout GM forums, I’ll be a free agent from now on. Dodge will never be on my property, it’s garbage but a new Raptor, most definitely could be.

Btw, I LMAO when I saw GM advertising a truck saying something like “Going up against the Raptor”, with beefed up shocks and a 2” level lmao!

Sent from Above

Umm instead of visiting the Raptor forums which is a small minority, visit one of the big F-150 forums. Nothing but problems. No comparison. 

On 1/31/2020 at 4:21 PM, SILVER SLED said:

It seemed like a very insecure statement, that's why I posted what I did.  

Hmmm, did the bank turn you down for a 2020 T1XX, so you're here to try and make the sour go away?

Also,  the descriptions you write about your current list of vehicles under your member profile, - nobody here in the forum cares. Nobody anywhere cares.  It's a waste of energy to write that stuff up.   Only someone who was 16 or 17 years old would waste their time adding all those specs  i.e.  "Diablo i3 tune, RC inch lift, MIT intake" 

Are you trying to earn your badge by typing up all the specs on your vehicles for what audience?   Here's one, it's  the A-HAT BADGE.

On 1/27/2020 at 4:27 AM, Thomcat said:

Topic might best find a home somewhere else on this site.

Owners of '19+ obviously bought one because they do not think it is "hideous" and couldn't give a crap about negative comments from those who do.

Topic should rightly be placed on the '18-  forum where it can have purpose and actually do some good..........detractors can find solace in lamenting to others who do not own one, or who cannot afford one, and make them feel better about owning their discontinued models.

well when its time to trade it in or sell it they will think different of 19 and up models....its common sense really.....sure they wont care much at that point.....and this is GMs future like it or not, don't buy iy if you don't like it, theyre is 2 other brands that will take your money gladly

even if I didn't like it I certainly wouldn't start a thread about it, I just move on to next brand

On 1/28/2020 at 12:49 PM, Robotaz said:

I paid $34K for my Trail Boss.

You also bought a work truck with a crappy Rancho lift. Which is fine. Just don’t try to compare it to a Raptor. 

That’s like me proudly saying I paid 27k for my wife’s Camry when a group of guys are sitting around talking about their Z06 Corvettes. 

On 1/28/2020 at 8:13 PM, TXGREEK said:

$85k to go up against a $55k Raptor, lmao!

Sent from Above

im with you in the Raptor camp but my local dealer has upgraded raptors in their lot they are selling for 90k. They look very similar to this with the bumpers, lights and different rims etc. They sell quite a bit of them too.