The most honest and perfect review I have read yet on the 2019s

We can all have our own opinions right ?  This is why the forums exist right ? 

To call someone a loser for saying they dont like the styling is 4th grade status . 

Looks is always subjective . You have to admit there is a hate or love with this new body style.  

Anyway as a GMC guy i have to admit , the Chevy actually looks better but both are still not growing on me yet. 

On ‎2018‎-‎10‎-‎31 at 4:15 PM, f8l vnm said:

Anyway as a GMC guy i have to admit , the Chevy actually looks better but both are still not growing on me yet. 

Really? As I GMC and Chevy guy I find the fender line on the Silverado repulsive and the Sierra is once again nicer looking for the 4th generation in a row. With that said they are both a huge let down in the looks department coming from a K2, but I will imagine it will grow on my like the 2007-2013's did. No powertrain or interior upgrades, uglier looks, "multi-pro" tailgate with 22 hinges and locks to fail, 20% lighter chassis and aluminum body parts don't exactly push me into a T1. GM has a hard time making their regular tailgate stay together longer than 5 years, good luck with the Swiss army knife tailgate and dusty roads. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, GMC-AT said:

Last 2 trucks - 2014 and 2016 were Sierra... next one 2019 will be Silverado. I just think it looks better this go around.   I bounce back and forth.. probably had more chevys.

I know for me, it will take a little more time seeing real life trucks to make up my mind on which T1 I prefer the looks of. 

I've mostly been seeing them on my computer, and was pretty sure the Silverado was the better looking truck, especially in the RST trim, with the nice body colour trimmings.  But, I saw a Sierra AT4 at the dealer this week, and it did not seem to look quite as awkward in real life as I expected. 

I've pretty much always preferred the GMC, but it has only been the last few generations that have had substantial styling differences. 

one thing is for sure... we will all get used to them.  I really didn't like the T1 Sierra.. and even that is looking better each time I see one.   New model designs are only hated for a little while.. then everyone gets used to it. 

Designs that we’re comfortable with just means that it’s familiar.

Something new that’s unfamiliar always generates polarizing responses - love or hate.

Over time, the new design becomes familiar, and there’s generally less hate for it.

Doesn’t matter if it’s cars or anything else - houses, clothing, watches, firearms or whatever. It’s how our brains are wired.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Silverado/Sierras aren’t even on my radar right now. I can get a loaded up Ram 1500 Laramie, with adaptive cruise, parallel/park assist, heated & cooled seats, navigation, leather, and more for the same price as an LT/SLE. It’s a no brainer! GM doesn’t even have adaptive cruise, it’s a must for me on my next vehicle. It’s a shame I really like the dependability of my 15 Silverado.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, dave07 said:

Silverado/Sierras aren’t even on my radar right now. I can get a loaded up Ram 1500 Laramie, with adaptive cruise, parallel/park assist, heated & cooled seats, navigation, leather, and more for the same price as an LT/SLE. It’s a no brainer! GM doesn’t even have adaptive cruise, it’s a must for me on my next vehicle. It’s a shame I really like the dependability of my 15 Silverado.

Weird reasoning...

so long

j-ten-ner

Yes, I thought all that added tech on the dodge was a no brainier as well... that's until I started reading. Dependability is important?  Read and enjoy - https://5thgenrams.com/community/forums/5th-gen-general-discussion.13/

Browse over to our issues/warranty part of the forum. We have our fair amount of issues as well.

Yes...of course we do. But I'm talking about 2019 models...GM issues so far are nowhere close to Dodge. Not even in the same league...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

There will be issues with the new model once more are on the road. The Ram has been out since the beginning of the year. There are more of them on the road, so there will be more reported issues as of now.

That being said, Chevrolet is far better in the reliability/dependability department than Ram, no questions asked. That I agree with!

My next truck will be a lease so I’m not concerned with reliability as I once was.

2 hours ago, dave07 said:

As somebody posted elsewhere all the glitz that the Ram has is like putting lipstick on a PIG. I looked at the Rebels after I ordered a Trail Boss because I was upset that it was taking so long to get, glad I didn't look too hard as I am totally satisfied with my Trail Boss to date.