The most honest and perfect review I have read yet on the 2019s

I didn't read through this entire thread, but from what I see pretty much everyone hates the new 2019 GM trucks.  I understand the new RAM interior is much better than the GM.. I agree with this.

But the reason I ordered a new Silverado was because of the reliability issues with the new RAM. The 2019 RAM's simply suck right now.   I think they will be better in 2020.. but not now.  Read through this -  https://5thgenrams.com/community/forums/5th-gen-general-discussion.13/

Then compare to the very few 2019 issues you see posted on this forum about 2019 trucks. 

Granted, the new RAM has been out about 4 months longer than the new GM.. but there are clearly some mad RAM buyers that hate their new truck.. regardless of how cool that buggy 12in screen is.

9 minutes ago, GMC-AT said:

I didn't read through this entire thread, but from what I see pretty much everyone hates the new 2019 GM trucks.  I understand the new RAM interior is much better than the GM.. I agree with this.

But the reason I ordered a new Silverado was because of the reliability issues with the new RAM. The 2019 RAM's simply suck right now.   I think they will be better in 2020.. but not now.  Read through this -  https://5thgenrams.com/community/forums/5th-gen-general-discussion.13/

Then compare to the very few 2019 issues you see posted on this forum about 2019 trucks. 

Granted, the new RAM has been out about 4 months longer than the new GM.. but there are clearly some mad RAM buyers that hate their new truck.. regardless of how cool that buggy 12in screen is.

If the prices, looks and packaging of the new Silverados doesn’t change I still wouldn’t buy Ram.  

I don’t know why so many people say the 19 Silverado is better than a Ram to defend the choice.   If I don’t get a Chevy next it would be a Ford.  If I had to buy a truck right now it would be a Ford.  A cheap base crew max with a 395hp 5.0 or the turbo 3.5, and an appearance pkg that has decent wheels and grill and what not.   One can basically build a Ford anyway one wants, at least a lot more so than a Chevy.  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Big E in TX said:

No darlin, you ain’t my type... I go for women, not crossdressers who think they are a woman. Sorry

Uhh, ok,...I just thought since you since you have one of those trucks I just assumed there was a chance...sorry...

Lol let’s just get this darn thread back on track.

Hopefully GM goes back to the drawing board for their mid-cycle refresh and fix the issues people are having with the new 2019s to justify the GM tax increase of a price. I haven’t driven a 2019 yet to see what they drive like, and I do wish my 2018 had some of the features that we should of had a few years ago in GM trucks. I won’t sit here and bash a truck I haven’t driven yet which too many people are doing.

By the time I’m ready for my next truck hoping GM gets some of this stuff straightened out and that the prices aren’t another $5-10k higher than where the 2019s are at.

One of the most simplest features that I know Ford has had for years and is missing from GM is having all windows with auto up feature. I see that they added all auto down on the windows this year, but how about all going up?

Arsenic. A bullet in the brain. I don't have to try a thing to know for a fact it isn't good for me. T1XX falls in the category. When I'm spending my money know who's idea of ugly matters? Mine. If you want me to adopt your thinking then pay the payments for me. 

:lol: 

7 hours ago, SAMS819 said:

Funny, It seems like all the owners ragging on the 2019 Silverado, "DON'T OWN ONE" Don't see the 2019 owners complaining.  :lol: :lol::lol::lol:   :loser:

Yes, but you don't necessarily need to "own" one in order to be able to identify its shortcomings. While it is a step in the right direction and an improvement in most regards over the previous generations, there are still areas where GM falls short.

I don't need to own one to know that engine performance of the high volume engine (while I'm sure the 450lb weight reduction helps) is still ~40hp shy of FCA and Ford offerings.

I don't need to own one to know that the 6.2L is only offered on the highest level trims. And again, adding insult to injury, requires the extra 60-70 cents per gallon for premium fuel

I don't need to own to know that if I wanted a Trailboss and wanted simple things like fog lights or non-plastic steering wheel, I would have to pay at least $6k more to get the LT model.

I don't need to own one to know that the interior shows no improvement; in fact, many feel it is a step back. From what I've seen in person, fit and finish along with material choices are not in par with other vehicles in this price range.

And as I've said before, my biggest gripe - "I get that you can’t build a truck a la carte, but come on….. Everything is an attempt for GM to push everyone into the higher trim models. Ideal market strategy I know, but with how extreme some of the “nit-picking” is, it makes us wonder if you think your buyers are dumb. Ford and FCA offer A LOT more flexibility"

The great thing is, we all have choices. If we are unhappy with a product we can look elsewhere. The criticism and growing competition is what pushes automakers to strive for continuous improvement. 

• Like 3

Funny, It seems like all the owners ragging on the 2019 Silverado, "DON'T OWN ONE" Don't see the 2019 owners complaining.  :lol: :lol::lol::lol:   :loser:

Go grab a water bottle to rinse off some of that salt lol

2017 Chevy Silverado LTZ Z71 6.2L
4.5" Zone w/ Bilstein and Fox
22x10 American Force Grips
33x12.5 Nitto Ridge Grapplers
Instagram @wildchevys
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, GMC-AT said:

I agree that FCA quality control is comical....If you think the 5th gen Ram is bad, go look at the service tech bulletin on the Jeep JL Wrangler forum. They literally have a recall for frames that werent welded correctly and are breaking. This is the tip of the iceberg as there are steering problems, electronic problems, etc, etc...I've never seen a vehicle release so bad. I've yet to find one FCA product that isnt a nightmare from a quality and rust control perspective. 

.....BUT the reality that Rams quality is bad is really a saving grace for GM. Ram showed what can be done with a truck.  What would have happened if Rams quality had of been on point?  The real challenge is that Ford has taken notice and when they deliver their next truck they will have tech on par with Ram and quality near Chevy. The core of Ford is a bunch of penny pinching bean counters but they will absolutely take "risk" to hold market share. They will take the extra steps to keep market share and not rest on their laurels...GM needs to wake up as a brand across the board (not just trucks).

Edited by Chris walker
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, SAMS819 said:

There are a few complaints so far.

Mainly regarding the infotainment system and something about a missing SD card.

A couple of comments relating to clunky transmission shift on both 8 and 10 speeds.

Seems minor so far.

Hey, enough of the brand bashing. I feel (IMHO) that dodge made the most pretty truck in 2019. I still don't trust their quality though, trust me, I work on them. They don't hold up. Used to be a Ford guy, but then they gave up on V-8's and I was gone forever. Always admired the GM LS motor so I went there. Been happy ever since. In the past 20 years, my daily drivers has been a GMC Sierra 1500 in 2009 and 2014. Recently picked up a nice 2018 Silverado that I'm tickled pink with. My brother thinks I'm a traitor for buying a truck with a bowtie on the grill (hardcore GMC), but I preferred the styling of the 2018's K2's over the 2019's T1's. Start-stop? No key FOB? I pasted. 

Oh I own a 2018 Silverado LTZ 1500 CC 6.2, a 1985 Ford Bronco XLT with a stroked 427W, and a 1970 Dodge Challenger with a 528 RB big block 4 speed. So, I have all three animals. However, I do keep the Challenger chained up in the backyard. She keeps chasing and chewing up mustangs!  Bad Mopup!!     

• Like 1
  • Haha 1