Locking tail gate optons

I noticed while doing a build of a 2019 Silverado 1500 on the Chevrolet website that to get a locking tailgate it would entail a trim level and options that added more than $5,000 to the price for the truck. If I do buy a 2019 Silverado it will be without the locking tailgate. When I bought a Silverado 2500HD in 2011 the trucks did not come with a locking tailgate. I bought a Pop & Lock PL8120Q power tailgate lock on Amazon for $97 and then paid another $150 to have the local car electronics shop install it. After nearly 7 years of use the power lock works perfectly to lock or unlock the tailgate the same as when do this with the passenger door with a double press of the unlock button on the fob.

You're probably going to have to wait on Pop & Lock to come out with a kit for the 2019s. Until then you will have to use the key to lock and unlock it. These trucks are so new that most companies are just now getting their hands on them to create new customization products.