Nitto Ridge Grappler

You can’t go wrong with either tire, 

Ive had both in 35’s and both were really quiet.

i like the Ridge better as it has rock ejectors built into the tires that really do work.

currently running 305/55/20 terragrapplers

with zone 4.5 lift.i also ran them with a 2” level lift and only rubbed right before full lock.

Edited by churchy1313

That's the perfect size for these trucks IMO, and I kind of wish I went that route instead of the 10 wide.  but I just had to have the 4" lip lol.

Almost did the same thing myself after watching Custom Offsets lol. I’m not into the wide wheels just sporty ones with beefy tires. You’re all good, enjoy what you’ve got.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...

Hijacking this post...but doing research as I just got a ‘15 Silverado. CC.

It came with a 2” leveling kit and has the GMC factory 20” wheels on it.

Wanting the ridge grapplers and narrowed between the 295/55/20 and 285/60/20.  Think the 285/60/20 will fit without rubbing? Or do I need to upgrade to the 2.5?

Hijacking this post...but doing research as I just got a ‘15 Silverado. CC.

It came with a 2” leveling kit and has the GMC factory 20” wheels on it.

Wanting the ridge grapplers and narrowed between the 295/55/20 and 285/60/20.  Think the 285/60/20 will fit without rubbing? Or do I need to upgrade to the 2.5?

Just thought you should know, Having lifted trucks and lifts done years ago, First level I did was a 2.25” on my new current 18 Sierra, hated it! Couldn’t do larger tires without level and then rubbing started which caused me to get new wheels, yuck, the ride was rough and then I wised up and did the lift with CST, completely blows away the leveled ride. With leveling, You may run into UCA’s rubbing or not which will require more mods. Try to have the larger tires fit tested but make sure no rubbing anywhere cause even a slight rub will be intense when you least expect it. Good luck

Sent from above

2 hours ago, TXGREEK said:

Just thought you should know, Having lifted trucks and lifts done years ago, First level I did was a 2.25” on my new current 18 Sierra, hated it! Couldn’t do larger tires without level and then rubbing started which caused me to get new wheels, yuck, the ride was rough and then I wised up and did the lift with CST, completely blows away the leveled ride. With leveling, You may run into UCA’s rubbing or not which will require more mods. Try to have the larger tires fit tested but make sure no rubbing anywhere cause even a slight rub will be intense when you least expect it. Good luck

Sent from above

Thanks man! Can you educate me on “CST”?

It’s the best, period. Heavier grade steel with excellent welds and gussets for extra support. No stupid looking wide track which worsens your turning radius amongst other things. Able to keep your current stock wheels and tires up to 35”. Some people with wider tracks can’t even get into their garages cause the trires will hit, Not your mirrors. If you’re looking for a lift to be proud of then it doesn’t get any better than CST.

I’d rather you check them out yourself, watch their videos. https://cstsuspension.com/ call them with any and all concerns if any. Remember, a lift is a lift, a CST lift is The Lift and for maybe a couple $100 more

Sent from above

Some experts in here with much more info on CST would be ferraiolo1, green68mustang_2002, 19trax95. These guys have tons of lift experience with CST.

Sent from above

If it helps any, I’m running a 2.5” Rough Country lift with 295/70 R17 Nitto Trail Grappler MT’s (+0 offset). 

Rubs the rear wheel liner a little at full lock, but the liner can be trimmed or zip tied back to easily stop the rub. I’m extremely happy with this set up. 

D13D5BC7-69F5-4E99-BE9F-49A7B0A7709C.jpeg

If it helps any, I’m running a 2.5” Rough Country lift with 295/70 R17 Nitto Trail Grappler MT’s (+0 offset). 

Rubs the rear wheel liner a little at full lock, but the liner can be trimmed or zip tied back to easily stop the rub. I’m extremely happy with this set up. 

D13D5BC7-69F5-4E99-BE9F-49A7B0A7709C.thumb.jpeg.8bf84b453a695cd635d4bcaa640386d2.jpeg

How do you like your Trail Grapplers, heard they’re somewhat loud on the road?

Sent from above

59 minutes ago, TXGREEK said:

How do you like your Trail Grapplers, heard they’re somewhat loud on the road?

Sent from above

They are great tires and I do not regret choosing them. Just as with any aggressive MT tire you can definitely hear them on the road, but it’s not that bad in my opinion.

I do mostly highway driving (60-80 mph) daily, and I never think about the tire hum being annoying. 

• Like 1

They are great tires and I do not regret choosing them. Just as with any aggressive MT tire you can definitely hear them on the road, but it’s not that bad in my opinion.

I do mostly highway driving (60-80 mph) daily, and I never think about the tire hum being annoying. 

Don’t get me wrong, I love my Ridge Grapplers but I do like trying out new things from time to time. Glad you’re enjoying your Trail Grapplers.

Sent from above

13 minutes ago, TXGREEK said:

Don’t get me wrong, I love my Ridge Grapplers but I do like trying out new things from time to time. Glad you’re enjoying your Trail Grapplers.

Sent from above

I had Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs on my last truck which was a dually, and they where not as loud as the Trail Grapplers are. All though my trail grapplers are larger than those Duratracs where. But the Duratracs where great aggressive tires as well. 

• Like 1

I am running a rough country 2" leveling kit up front, and I put 295/55/20 Nitto Ridge Grapplers on my truck. I have done some light off roading in mud/dirt and snow, and they hold up very well. Also very quiet on the road. My rims are 20x9 with a -12 offset. No rubbing or trimming at all.

IMG_0237.jpg

• Like 2

18 hours ago, MitchellSehi said:

I am running a rough country 2" leveling kit up front, and I put 295/55/20 Nitto Ridge Grapplers on my truck. I have done some light off roading in mud/dirt and snow, and they hold up very well. Also very quiet on the road. My rims are 20x9 with a -12 offset. No rubbing or trimming at all.

IMG_0237.jpg

I just got a quote on that exact tire. Guy at the shop said with the factory wheel setup and my 2” level, it would rub. Thoughts? I really like the 285/60/20. But I am fearful that will rub as well...