2007 5.3 Engine Noise (knocking?)

2007 Suburban, 165,xxx, 5.3L 4WD.

I started having a puffing noise or sputting noise (sorry, hard to type a name) coming from the block on the passenger side, most prominent fright behind one of the idler pulleys (below the air intake).  Here's a clip of the noise...

https://photos.app.goo.gl/i9wMprrFefToLDB97

The closest thing I can describe it as is a small steam engine puttering along, not some much a knocking noise.  It sounds the loudest around the 8 second mark.  Can anyone throw some ideas at me?  No engine codes, lights, or any other signs.  She burns a quart every oil change and has for a while.  I'm running high mileage oil, changed every 3-4K.

Appreciate any help

-Svence

Edited by csvencer

Does your engine have AFM?  That can be the cause of oil consumption.  How many miles on your truck?  I went through a qt of oil on my truck every 7k miles.  Once I replace the intake gasket for what I thought was my oil leak I had my oil consumption went away.  My oil leak turned out to be my rear main seal.  I have 184k on my 2002. 

I deleted AFM around 50-60k (don’t remember exactly) with a BB tune. I know there were thoughts that the cylinder shutdown was causing the oil burning, but not sure if I didn’t do it soon enough or if that was just hearsay. Doesn’t bother me, just have to keep an eye on it. 

And I’m running valvoline max, pretty sure it’s a blend. 

-Svence