Overhead console

I have an 04 Silverado WT that ive installed an overhead console. Ive tried to wire my dome and map lights to come on at the same time, when opening the door. I have constant 12v to the map and dome lights, map light switches grounded, and diodes wired inline between each map light and map light switch to the switched ground but the maps dont come on but the dome light comes on and stays on(doesnt dim out). Would someone tell me what im doing wrong? Thanks!

i believe the map lights are connected to a push button switch, are you connected to the input side of the switch or the bulb side of the switch? to achieve what your looking for you need to connect to the bulb side of switch for the lights to come on with dome light. if you connected to the switch input side, the switch breaks connection until the switch is activated. so in short, either connect direct to the bulb on the switch side, or the at the switch where it connects the the bulb. please properly fuse circuit/ diode isolate to prevent feed back to BCM

Thank you ill double check everything. Im not 100% sure that i have constant 12vdc to the maps/dome, but the 12vdc wire is connected to the bulb side, the map switches are grounded to chassis ground, and diodes connected between the map switches and bulbs are connected to the door switch circuit to prevent backfeed. Except for the constant 12vdc supply issue, which ill be checking tomorrow, isnt this wired correctly? Thanks again, Jerry

sounds like you have 12v cause you said your dome light stays on. yes i would double check you diodes and make sure they are not backwards. both diodes should be coming off the door switch wire, one inline to prevent back feed and the second connects to the map light bulb/bulbs.  

This is a primitive drawing of the diagram im referring to, is it correct?

12v

____________|__________________________

|              |                                                     |

Map      Map                                           Dome

|              |                                                     |

X-----------|--------->|--------|                              |

|              |                      |                              |        |             X-------->|--------x--------------------------x

\             /                                                    \

-------|------                                                     |

V.                                                          V

X=CONNECTION

>| = DIODE

\ / = SWITCH

V=GROUND

What i have:

12v from the gray/black at the dome light, feeding the dome and map lights on the bulb side(yellow).

Diodes are installed on white between each map bulb and switch to the switched ground(door switch).

Map light switches are grounded to chassis ground on purple/white

Is this correct?

15395384021108683625796141092076.jpg

Im able to get the maps and dome to come on when opening the door, and dim when the door is closed but the maps dont come on with the map switch. What am i missing? Anyone? Below is the diagram that im working from.

upload_2017-5-21_22-21-35.png

Edited by Gentech1