2015 silverado transmission swap, need to re flash a used transmission?

transmission failed in my Silverado the other day at 103k, bought a used one with 32k miles and I am swapping it here at the house. I know I would need to re flash a reman transmission but what about a used one that came out of the same vehicle?

Cannot answer your question but I hope mine does not have any issues. I am in the process of changing the fluid right now at 95,000 miles and it looks pretty horrible. If I am not mistaken it is a general rule to just reprogram it regardless?

3 hours ago, Hexa Fox said:

Cannot answer your question but I hope mine does not have any issues. I am in the process of changing the fluid right now at 95,000 miles and it looks pretty horrible. If I am not mistaken it is a general rule to just reprogram it regardless?

if it feels like its "missing" one day or has a very slight shudder. Trade it in.....

2 hours ago, toms.abpg said:

if it feels like its "missing" one day or has a very slight shudder. Trade it in.....

Yeah I know exactly what you are talking about, you can literally feel it. I have felt it in plenty of vehicles before. Anyway it is too late for that, I am right in the middle of a transmission fluid change.聽

Archived