Undercover Ultra Flex Tonneau Cover

8 hours ago, StevenStarke said:

Why are some tri fold covers in the 300's and others are $800+  I understand some are better quality but why such a discrepancy??

Mine is flush mounted and can fold up all the way so u have full access to the entire bed.  Tonneau covers are expensive.  I had a Tonneau Pro hard tri fold on my last truck and that one cost me $500.  This new one is by far better in both ease of use and looks.

10 hours ago, StevenStarke said:

Any pics of the side of your truck? what size tires you have? Is it lifted or leveled?

Snapchat-2127032230.thumb.jpg.7111933e94151639a6b967b281d86a44.jpg

My truck is completely stock in terms of lift.  That being said it is a Trailboss so it has the factory 2 inch lift.  I am running 33.5x12.50 tires on 20x9 rims that have 0 mm offset.  They is a very slight rub only at 100% full lock.  It rarely occurs.  Future plans are to throw on some 35x12.50s next fall on the same rims and offset.  In order to make them fit, I am going to lift the truck another 2 inches all around once a kit comes out for that.

14 hours ago, z1boss said:

Snapchat-2127032230.thumb.jpg.7111933e94151639a6b967b281d86a44.jpg

My truck is completely stock in terms of lift.  That being said it is a Trailboss so it has the factory 2 inch lift.  I am running 33.5x12.50 tires on 20x9 rims that have 0 mm offset.  They is a very slight rub only at 100% full lock.  It rarely occurs.  Future plans are to throw on some 35x12.50s next fall on the same rims and offset.  In order to make them fit, I am going to lift the truck another 2 inches all around once a kit comes out for that.

Truck looks sick man. Sorry to be such a pain in the ass but do you have any pics of the truck like along the side so I can see how far they stick out? I'm so on the fence about 0mm offset or -44mm offset or something in between vs 2" level kit, vs 4" lift, etc...  I have an RST so it's not as high as yours from the factory but I was thinking of doing the RC 2" level. Do you know if that would put me at the stock height of a trail boss?

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, StevenStarke said:

Truck looks sick man. Sorry to be such a pain in the ass but do you have any pics of the truck like along the side so I can see how far they stick out? I'm so on the fence about 0mm offset or -44mm offset or something in between vs 2" level kit, vs 4" lift, etc...  I have an RST so it's not as high as yours from the factory but I was thinking of doing the RC 2" level. Do you know if that would put me at the stock height of a trail boss?

No problem at all.  The tires stick out about an inch or two but the OEM mudflaps still block most of the rocks that they would kick up.  The 2" leveling kit should bring your front end up to the same height as the Trailboss is stock, but the back of your car will lower than the Trailboss as my rear is about 1.5" higher than my front.  -44 mm offset rims will rub if you plan on doing just a level and 33x12.5 tires.  Let me know if you have any other questions.

20181109_112343.thumb.jpg.f35cf9f85c31618f63a9569210313a05.jpg

Edited by z1boss

On 11/12/2018 at 2:18 PM, StevenStarke said:

Why are some tri fold covers in the 300's and others are $800+  I understand some are better quality but why such a discrepancy??

The $300 ones are "soft" covers, usually just vinyl stretched over a frame.  They are not at all secure.. easy to cut through to open.

The $800 ones are "hard" covers, typically aluminum panels with a vinyl layer covering and sometimes foam middle layers to make solid panels.  They can support some weight on top and usually offer a more secure closing.  Not great security with just plastic latch clips holding most of them closed, but it helps peace of mind some I suppose.

• 3 months later...

Im looking at this cover as well right now, truck accessory shop is suggesting the MX4 backflip though for some reason.  Guess they get a better price on them or something as they look very similar.   I don't like the fact the MX4 rests against the truck when fully opened though.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ravenwood said:

Im looking at this cover as well right now, truck accessory shop is suggesting the MX4 backflip though for some reason.  Guess they get a better price on them or something as they look very similar.   I don't like the fact the MX4 rests against the truck when fully opened though.  

I've had the Undercover Ultra Flex for several months now and not a single complaint.  I love it.

Just now, z1boss said:

I've had the Undercover Ultra Flex for several months now and not a single complaint.  I love it.

Thanks z1... I am going to go with this one... side note, thanks for the input on the floor liners.  Got mine yesterday and they are awesome!!  thanx.. kev

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ravenwood said:

Thanks z1... I am going to go with this one... side note, thanks for the input on the floor liners.  Got mine yesterday and they are awesome!!  thanx.. kev

No problem.  Glad you like them!

Just so you know, the Undercover Armor Flex has a $100 rebate going on through the end of March.  That makes it cheaper than the Ultra.  From what I understand, the Armor is the Ultra but with the LineX exterior coating.

1 hour ago, cltsig said:

Just so you know, the Undercover Armor Flex has a $100 rebate going on through the end of March.  That makes it cheaper than the Ultra.  From what I understand, the Armor is the Ultra but with the LineX exterior coating.

Correct, but keep in mind that it will fade from the sun quicker.  I was stuck between the two before I bought mine and the sales rep told me that the line-x, just like any spray on liner material, tends to lose color from direct sunlight.