Do the new 2019 front calipers fit our trucks????

So the factory OEM Brembo big brake kit is $2,600USD from GM? Sorry, the T1's aren't in my area yet so I know little about them. I heard about the new big brake option today and was interested in going that route for my K2 because I figured a mass order from GM would keep the cost down, but that's right on par with an aftermarket set. Is it a $2,600 option on the invoice of a new truck? Even if they give you a couple hundred bucks for your stock cores it is still pretty pricey for the upgrade. 

I had a 2003 SS Silverado . The brakes were mushy as hell. It always felt like  it needed a bleed. I went to stainless brake lines. It made a world of difference. I loved that AWD 6.0 with the 4.10 rear though. A nice truck.

I checked out the 19 in the showroom today.  Looks like a cast iron 4 piston caliper similar to the Colorado front calipers.  The rears are single piston with electronic E brake built in.  

On 9/28/2018 at 5:38 PM, smit303 said:

I had a 2003 SS Silverado . The brakes were mushy as hell. It always felt like  it needed a bleed. I went to stainless brake lines. It made a world of difference. I loved that AWD 6.0 with the 4.10 rear though. A nice truck.

Always wanted to get one of those trucks. Getting harder to find these days.

• 2 years later...
On 10/2/2018 at 2:45 PM, the33z33 said:

I know a lot of those OBS and NBS guys went with the GM Hydroboost brake setup from a 2500. I've heard it makes a huge difference so much that the brakes become too touchy for some.

I did the Hydroboost and and the "07 caliper/ disk swap on my 2004 Silverado SS.  My experience with the upgrade made the brakes feel the way they should have from the factory.  I also swapped all the hoses for braided stainless steel.  I wouldn't say they are at all close to touchy.  Now they just feel predictable / reassuring in use.    

Ive heard other say their swap made the brakes touchy.  I wonder if there is a difference in the hydroboost units off the HD trucks and the SUVs.  I got mine off a Suburban.