2017-2019 Gas or Diesel

Finally, a question i can help with.

2015 sierra Denali, duramax 45,k and my life time average based on fuel consumption and my mileage is 14.7 miles per gallon.

Now, keep in mind the following is how I use my vehicle. 

1, it is my primary vehicle .

2, I use it 90% for work

3, out of my 90% time for work 50% of the time at work is hauling a 7500 lb trailer. It is a box Style cargo trailer with equipment and it has double axle.

4,  I also use the truck for plowing snow at my properties light-duty parking lots however it is plowing and there are a lot of idle hours on the vehicle.approx 800 idle hours. Fwd.rev, etc etc.

5, basic maintenance only,  never a problem except shark fin antenna leak, but finally fixed.

On the open road, i can squeeze 20 / 21 mpg. 

Where I live there is a $0.05 to $0.10 price differential between gas and Diesel

Ps  had a 2012 for 35k before this one with similar results.

20180905_065140.jpg

Finally, a question i can help with.

2015 sierra Denali, duramax 45,k and my life time average based on fuel consumption and my mileage is 14.7 miles per gallon.
Now, keep in mind the following is how I use my vehicle. 
1, it is my primary vehicle .
2, I use it 90% for work
3, out of my 90% time for work 50% of the time at work is hauling a 7500 lb trailer. It is a box Style cargo trailer with equipment and it has double axle.
4,  I also use the truck for plowing snow at my properties light-duty parking lots however it is plowing and there are a lot of idle hours on the vehicle.approx 800 idle hours. Fwd.rev, etc etc.

5, basic maintenance only,  never a problem except shark fin antenna leak, but finally fixed.

On the open road, i can squeeze 20 / 21 mpg. 

Where I live there is a $0.05 to $0.10 price differential between gas and Diesel

Ps  had a 2012 for 35k before this one with similar results.

20180905_065140.thumb.jpg.cde6e2558dcecb7d6f44411e732a0716.jpg

As always, it differs between vehicles. I was getting 23-25mpg on highway and in south Texas Diesel is between plus and super, varies between locations. I loved my diesel but got sick of being a daily driver in especially daily congested traffic. I almost had a guilt trip getting rid of cause it was very reliable and safe during bad weather but as all 3/4’s you’ll get a rougher than a 1500 in ride quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk