OEM Off-Road Light Switch Install

For you guys with 2014/2015 or anyone else that this doesn’t work for (due to BCMs not being programmed to output these triggers), please be patient with us.

We have an alternate method that allows you to use the OEM headlight switch to still drive whatever lights you want, but uses a different method.

We are working very hard between our day jobs, family, etc...to bring you these amazing mods [emoji4]

So please be patient with us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perfect! Thanks for working on a solution, I also have a 2014 LTZ. Just ordered the switch......I’ll wait patiently...

51 minutes ago, ffmedic14 said:

Perfect! Thanks for working on a solution, I also have a 2014 LTZ. Just ordered the switch......I’ll wait patiently...

HA!! Thats something i need to learn how to do.

Phil, I just got my mail today and the harness came!! Thank you so much. 

Bad thing,  I was in such a hurry,, me being me, hearing a rumble of thunder, i wanted to get the harness hooked up atleast inside the truck. I BROKE THE LAST PIN FOR THE GRAY WIRE IN THE WHITE PLUG!!!  I have pin removal tools so i can get the broken piece out.  How can i get another pin?  I SHOULD HAVE JUST WAITED!!!! UGH!!!!

Maybe ill run to the dealer and beg one of the guys to help me out with a new pin.

Edited by RACERX7775

1 hour ago, CajunFries said:

f10763a28d83b66606d844577b2d8e77.jpg

Just installed mine. Comes on fine in park. Thanks guys! emoji482.pngemoji482.png

Do you have your lights hooked up too?  Just wondering if that has any reason why ours arent working.

Oh yeah, calibrate your compass. Lol.

Edited by RACERX7775

5 minutes ago, Tleesmith14 said:

Seems that you only have to have the headlights on.  Tonight mine works fine in all gears including park.  Just the headlights have to be on which I’m totally fine with 

Can they be in the auto setting?

2 minutes ago, RACERX7775 said:

Can they be in the auto setting?

Yes I always keep mine in the auto setting. Just it seems that in order for orl to be able to come on the headlamp must be lite whether it’s auto or manual either way on mine allows the orl to come on in all gears Including park 

Edited by Tleesmith14

Do you have your lights hooked up too?  Just wondering if that has any reason why ours arent working.

Oh yeah, calibrate your compass. Lol.

Havnt hook the light up to it yet. Need to find someone that can make me some brackets.

Yeah, I haven't quite figured out what my truck is thinking. If I start the truck, leave it in Park, press (and hold) the button to turn the lights on, nothing. Put it in gear, press (and hold) the button, lights turn on. Then I put it in Park, thinking the lights will turn off automatically, they stay on. From there, I can turn them on and off at will with no problems, regardless of what gear it's in. Consequently, if I start the truck, leave it in Park, turn on the headlights manually, press (and hold) the button, lights turn on! So I don't know if it's a bug in the BCM or maybe a programming change when my truck was built, but trying it several times yields the same results.

Just a a precaution, I triple checked all the connections both at the headlight switch and BCM and they are all where they are supposed to be. Again, works fine for me so I have no complaints!

f10763a28d83b66606d844577b2d8e77.jpg

Just installed mine. Comes on fine in park. Thanks guys! [emoji482][emoji482]

• Like 1

Well, after calming down from last night and breaking the pin in the BCM plug, I was able to get the broken piece out. Now i just have to wait to get the new pin. Then, I can see if it even works.  Not getting my hopes up though. 2014 trucks......

• Like 1

I got my switch and harness installed today.  Something weird is going on and the ORLs come on (or off) only sporadically with the switch - not every press of the button  results in turning the ORLs on or off.  Sometimes I have to repeatedly press the switch and sometimes I have to rotate the switch to a different position to get the button to respond.  I suspect BCM programming issue but I feel like if that was the case, the button wouldn't function at all?  My only other thought is a defective switch?

Thoughts?

I got my switch and harness installed today.  Something weird is going on and the ORLs come on (or off) only sporadically with the switch - not every press of the button  results in turning the ORLs on or off.  Sometimes I have to repeatedly press the switch and sometimes I have to rotate the switch to a different position to get the button to respond.  I suspect BCM programming issue but I feel like if that was the case, the button wouldn't function at all?  My only other thought is a defective switch?

Thoughts?

Gotta hold the button for like 3-5 seconds I think. On and off.