OEM Off-Road Light Switch Install

10 hours ago, Homewrecker007 said:

I paid something like $30-40$ for a blue back lit one. And $130 for the f#$%^ red one. Seriously considered switching the back lighting to blue in the 2014 before buying that switch. 

Where you get it for that cheap.. :D too late for me.. but that's a steal! 

13 hours ago, jpinoy said:

Where you get it for that cheap.. :D too late for me.. but that's a steal! 

I bought the blue one a year ago. I think it came from Flow Chevrolet. But to be honest I don't remember at this point. I looked it up for the chevy Colorado. It's the same switch. 

• Like 1

Ok, so this is for anyone who has a 14-15 truck that still wants to do the OEM headlight switch with the Off-road button. Or if you want on/off without delay for the 16-18. I found that the Amazon latching relays were unreliable in functionality. This way works perfectly every time. I'm not a 100% sure but for the folks that have a 16-18 truck you might be able to run the grey wire to bcm and to the relays and still get the dash icon light to come on. I will test this when I wire up my 18 in the future.  

Screenshot_20240129_172016_Gallery.jpg

20240129_201918.jpg

20240129_134650.jpg

20240130_113918.jpg

20240130_114017.jpg

Edited by Homewrecker007
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Homewrecker007 said:

Ok, so this is for anyone who has a 14-15 truck that still wants to do the OEM headlight switch with the Off-road button. Or if you want on/off without delay for the 16-18. I found that the Amazon latching relays were unreliable in functionality. This way works perfectly every time. 

Screenshot_20240129_172016_Gallery.jpg

20240129_201918.jpg

20240129_134650.jpg

20240130_113918.jpg

20240130_114017.jpg

Hey bro so can It be done with 1 relay or it has to be done with all 5 of them?? I bought the switch but my truck its not programmed for it to work and i really dont want to pay the dealership to turn it on. If I can just do it with relays it be cool... 

Can you provide a link for the relays?

5 hours ago, Lupillo13 said:

Hey bro so can It be done with 1 relay or it has to be done with all 5 of them?? I bought the switch but my truck its not programmed for it to work and i really dont want to pay the dealership to turn it on. If I can just do it with relays it be cool... 

Can you provide a link for the relays?

Yes you have to use all 5 of them. This is the relay set I used. It has everything you need to make the relay bank. You will also need the harness from Phil. Just hook it up on headlight switch side and the other ends go to relays. 

https://harnessdr.com/product/off-road-light-headlight-switch-bcm-harness/

TRUE MODS 6 Pack Bosch Style 5-Pin 12V Relay Kit [Interlocking Harness Socket Holder] [14 AWG Hot Wires] [SPDT] [30/40 Amp] 12 Volt Automotive Relays for Auto Fan Cars https://a.co/d/hq9x9DH

Edited by Homewrecker007
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Homewrecker007 said:

Yes you have to use all 5 of them. This is the relay set I used. It has everything you need to make the relay bank. You will also need the harness from Phil. Just hook it up on headlight switch side and the other ends go to relays. 

https://harnessdr.com/product/off-road-light-headlight-switch-bcm-harness/

TRUE MODS 6 Pack Bosch Style 5-Pin 12V Relay Kit [Interlocking Harness Socket Holder] [14 AWG Hot Wires] [SPDT] [30/40 Amp] 12 Volt Automotive Relays for Auto Fan Cars https://a.co/d/hq9x9DH

Thanks for the response. Yes I already have the harness installed made it my self just like Phil's. So I dont connect the wires to the BCM they will go to the relays bank correct???

1 hour ago, Lupillo13 said:

Thanks for the response. Yes I already have the harness installed made it my self just like Phil's. So I dont connect the wires to the BCM they will go to the relays bank correct???

That's correct. Just follow the diagram I posted above I added the grey and yellow wires to it how they go. 

4 hours ago, Lupillo13 said:

One more question. Do you known if is possible to get the dash light indicator to illuminate with this set up? Or it one of them that BCM has to programmed? 

I believe that the bcm needs programed for it. I didn't have the wire end to try it but,  I believe the grey wire would turn it on if you would like to try it out and report your findings that would be great. Just run a tap off the grey wire to the bcm correct pin. I'll be running another setup like this for my 2018 but it's going to be awhile before I get to it. 

1 hour ago, Homewrecker007 said:

I believe that the bcm needs programed for it. I didn't have the wire end to try it but,  I believe the grey wire would turn it on if you would like to try it out and report your findings that would be great. Just run a tap off the grey wire to the bcm correct pin. I'll be running another setup like this for my 2018 but it's going to be awhile before I get to it. 

Sounds good ill try it out and let you know!

• Like 1