OEM Off-Road Light Switch Install

I programmed my BCM to enable the lights.  The reason that I went that route is because I wanted the light indicators on my instrument panel to light up when the lights were on.  There are several posts on here from people who purchased/built a circuit that includes a relay that will remain energized after your finger is no longer on the button.  The button is momentary, so the circuit needs to include a circuit that holds the relay energized until you press the button again to turn the light off.

I have no idea if the dealer will perform this programming for you.  I ordered a device from the website below and it allowed me to enable the fog lights, among other things.  For instance, when you unlock the doors with the key fob at night, the turn signal lights come on.  I was able to change is so that the fog lights come on instead.  I do not know if the dealer will do this for you.

https://www.btdieselworks.com/pages/2015-autosync-guide

50 minutes ago, superdave160 said:

I programmed my BCM to enable the lights.  The reason that I went that route is because I wanted the light indicators on my instrument panel to light up when the lights were on.  There are several posts on here from people who purchased/built a circuit that includes a relay that will remain energized after your finger is no longer on the button.  The button is momentary, so the circuit needs to include a circuit that holds the relay energized until you press the button again to turn the light off.

I have no idea if the dealer will perform this programming for you.  I ordered a device from the website below and it allowed me to enable the fog lights, among other things.  For instance, when you unlock the doors with the key fob at night, the turn signal lights come on.  I was able to change is so that the fog lights come on instead.  I do not know if the dealer will do this for you.

Okay that sounds good idea. I seen their website. Thank you

16 hours ago, superdave160 said:

I for got to ask you. What year is tour truck? Mine is a 2015 Silverado 2500HD and it doesn't have the programming done.

Edited by Guadalupe Quintana Rodriguez

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/3/2023 at 6:42 AM, superdave160 said:

Hey bud do you know if with the Auto sync can I turn on the heated seat option? Thanks

15 hours ago, Guadalupe Quintana Rodriguez said:

Hey bud do you know if with the Auto sync can I turn on the heated seat option? Thanks

Talk to Ben at btdieselworks.com or Phil at harnessdr.com. and if you're truck is wired for it and has the buttons go to the dealership. 

47 minutes ago, Homewrecker007 said:

Talk to Ben at btdieselworks.com or Phil at harnessdr.com. and if you're truck is wired for it and has the buttons go to the dealership. 

Well i bought the buttons for my truck because i found out it had the heating elements. All of a sudden the passengers sest would get hot. I didn't believe my brother once he told me untill in was sitting on it then it turned on by itself. So i bought the buttons and yes it was wired but the buttons dont turn ON or OFF. 

I will check with dieselworks thanks for the response.

22 hours ago, Guadalupe Quintana Rodriguez said:

Well i bought the buttons for my truck because i found out it had the heating elements. All of a sudden the passengers sest would get hot. I didn't believe my brother once he told me untill in was sitting on it then it turned on by itself. So i bought the buttons and yes it was wired but the buttons dont turn ON or OFF. 

I will check with dieselworks thanks for the response.

I haven't experienced that situation but my truck already came with the heated seat function 

• 3 months later...
On 9/17/2018 at 1:32 PM, TinkeringFox said:

442994BD-EA5E-4B27-B89E-E1D0F1394027.jpeg

F2FF0D37-F9FA-4ECE-AEBD-C3AB5AAC6C57.jpeg

6402E223-22BA-4430-8C47-691036F38272.jpeg

49AEEDC0-3BAE-415E-AA95-CCFABCC63B31.jpeg

49C6A8FB-064F-4E62-8B85-B8CD42B38416.jpeg

A08DE8AD-2CDB-41C1-B488-32A714ADAFDC.jpeg

I am looking to buy the blue version, but I am seeing on multiple websites that the 23458492 and 84168423 has been replaced by 84448506.  Although I don't see anyone else on here struggling with this, I just wanted to make sure that the part number was actually replaced or if these sketchy GM Parts etc websites are putting out false information.

• 1 month later...
On 12/21/2023 at 12:09 PM, Ben Eley said:

I am looking to buy the blue version, but I am seeing on multiple websites that the 23458492 and 84168423 has been replaced by 84448506.  Although I don't see anyone else on here struggling with this, I just wanted to make sure that the part number was actually replaced or if these sketchy GM Parts etc websites are putting out false information.

Not sure if you bought it already, but yes, the new one(blue color) is the 84448506. I bought mine off RockAuto, cheaper than what I saw on eBay and other gm parts store(online).

On a side note, didn't even know about this thread, so much info on here I could have used as an alternate to the OEM switch.. just so happened to see the YouTube vid and went for it... sigh.. 

ACDELCO 84448506 Headlamp Switch

$ 138.79

OEM_switch.thumb.jpg.031973462d4c95bb94739af0b35b2048.jpg

Edited by jpinoy
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, jpinoy said:

Not sure if you bought it already, but yes, the new one(blue color) is the 84448506. I bought mine off RockAuto, cheaper than what I saw on eBay and other gm parts store(online).

I have kicked around the idea of doing this as well so searched the part #. Many online places show it as not available or discontinued. You're right on eBay as it shows it north of $200. RockAuto shows it as an option so they must have access to some. Maybe I will order up one just to have it on hand. Thanks!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, mikeyk101 said:

I have kicked around the idea of doing this as well so searched the part #. Many online places show it as not available or discontinued. You're right on eBay as it shows it north of $200. RockAuto shows it as an option so they must have access to some. Maybe I will order up one just to have it on hand. Thanks!

Welcome! Yeah, they are either over $200 or they are out of stock. Just got lucky my search showed RockAuto and it was cheaper than the rest.

• Like 1