OEM Off-Road Light Switch Install

Hi I did the offroad switch in my 2015 gmc sierra slt gas, im not getting power out of the yellow wire coming from switch to relay, what do i need to check for thanks
Were you able to solve your issue? I appear to be having the same issue with mine.
Light works connected directly to battery and through relay but the gm replacement switch will not turn it on.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, pewterliftedz said:

I’ve got a blue backlight version for sale if anyone is interested $100 shipped obo 

A979F2CB-D368-4BB1-BB8C-DBFB80E67D17.jpeg

8532063B-A4D2-4D2F-8003-C5A77E26A9EC.jpeg

I will take it, send me pm with your preferred payment method, I do have PayPal.  Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just completed adding factory fog lights and an off-road light bar to my 2017 Silverado WT.  I installed the light switch with the fog and off-road light buttons and added the fog light wires between the switch and the BCM that were not installed from the factory.  I also installed the wires from the switch to the BCM for the off-road light. 

I chose a bumper mount light bar.  It came with a harness with a relay and switch.  I cut off the switch and rewired the harness to connect to the BCM.  When wired up, the off-road light indicator displayed on my Denali cluster when the light was on.

My 2017 Silverado WT came with a black bumper without fog lights.  I installed a chrome bumper with the factory fog lights.  The light harness was still on the bumper, but the Silverado did not have the connector that mates to it.  I purchased an off-road light bar wire harness (again with a relay and a switch) and cut off the switch and rewired it to work with the fog lights and connect to the BCM.  However, the fog lights did not come on when the switch was pressed.  I learned that the fog light feature had to be enabled on a Silverado that did not come with factory fog lights.  White Auto and Media Services (WAMS) has a service that allows you to enable/disable features in your BCM.  I purchased the service and was able to enable the fog lights.

The fog and off-road lights now can be turned on and off independently (assuming it is dark enough) and their associated indicators display on the Denali cluster.

I want to thank TinkeringFox, the Harness Dr. and WAMS for their assistance in completing this upgrade.

Picture1.jpg

Picture2.png

Picture4.jpg

Edited by superdave160
  • Like 1

On 1/13/2021 at 1:45 PM, JonnyB said:

Question for those who have successfully installed:

When your headlights and foglights are on and you go to turn on the light bar via the switch...do the foglights turn off or will they remain on with the lightbar?

The lights are independent of each other.  You can have either on or both at the same time when the light detector on the dash has determined that it is dark outside.  When wired into the BCM, the off-road light won't come on during the day OR until the fog lights are on.

• 3 months later...

First i want to open with a THANK YOU to @TinkeringFox and @pgamboa for all your help on this. 

OK so i have a 2017 1500 Denali and i have been wanting to get rid of the 12V chargers up from (what am i going to do with 3 of them plus 1 in back seat???)

so instead of paying 100 bucks or so for the OEM switch i got a 22mm momentary switch for 8 bucks and installed it instead of one of the cigarette lighters up front. 

I then used the harness from @pgamboa but hooked it up to the switch instead of the OEM headlight switch. 

image.thumb.png.cd185de43f81f369e067de71b74bce66.png

i used the ground wire from the 12V charger, spliced it to the neg of the indicator LED and the common leads. 

the N.O. lead (switch output) wired to X5:5 of the BCM (Gray wire) and from the BCM (X1:12) back to pos LED indicator lead on the switch and spliced as trigger wire to the light bar relay. 

now i just need to decide which light bar will fit my Denali grill with active shutter vents.  

it's not alot of room but it has been done with some minor trimming.   probably a single row curved bar. 

if anyone has recomandations please share 20210801_195400.thumb.jpg.34b920e68b44cf520328dd2fe7f96be9.jpg20210801_195151.thumb.jpg.53c73d14d069c355c45afd7b1cb70700.jpg20210801_195313.thumb.jpg.eb7f2783bf08a191b7ecb83f5cbbcc03.jpg20210801_195216.thumb.jpg.6f7a088f06cc52968865c9b78d205892.jpg 

• Like 3

On 4/19/2021 at 7:36 PM, superdave160 said:

I just completed adding factory fog lights and an off-road light bar to my 2017 Silverado WT.  I installed the light switch with the fog and off-road light buttons and added the fog light wires between the switch and the BCM that were not installed from the factory.  I also installed the wires from the switch to the BCM for the off-road light. 

I chose a bumper mount light bar.  It came with a harness with a relay and switch.  I cut off the switch and rewired the harness to connect to the BCM.  When wired up, the off-road light indicator displayed on my Denali cluster when the light was on.

My 2017 Silverado WT came with a black bumper without fog lights.  I installed a chrome bumper with the factory fog lights.  The light harness was still on the bumper, but the Silverado did not have the connector that mates to it.  I purchased an off-road light bar wire harness (again with a relay and a switch) and cut off the switch and rewired it to work with the fog lights and connect to the BCM.  However, the fog lights did not come on when the switch was pressed.  I learned that the fog light feature had to be enabled on a Silverado that did not come with factory fog lights.  White Auto and Media Services (WAMS) has a service that allows you to enable/disable features in your BCM.  I purchased the service and was able to enable the fog lights.

The fog and off-road lights now can be turned on and off independently (assuming it is dark enough) and their associated indicators display on the Denali cluster.

I want to thank TinkeringFox, the Harness Dr. and WAMS for their assistance in completing this upgrade.

Picture1.jpg

Picture2.png

Picture4.jpg

Great job!!!

Got curious about the Yellow Fog Lamp icon and found this:

And, yes, there is a Rear Fog Lamp Indicator symbol, in yellow/amber. This indicator also is only active when the lamps are actually on. The lines point to the right in this symbol, indicating a rear-facing beam. They are rare in North America but required in Europe. They make a vehicle more visible in poor weather to trailing drivers.

Either are switched on, so look for a similar symbol on the light switch or switches.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

My Gawd this is an awesome thread.  I have a 2018 2500HD Denali, looking to add a lED lightbar and found this thread.  I'd like to see if anyone has done this to a 2018 and if someone has the blue switch for sale?  What about the pigtail harness (custom) that goes from switch to lightbar?   

Thanks so much for all of the info.

Chop.

Edited by chopjaw
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, chopjaw said:

My Gawd this is an awesome thread.  I have a 2018 2500HD Denali, looking to add a lED lightbar and found this thread.  I'd like to see if anyone has done this to a 2018 and if someone has the blue switch for sale?  What about the pigtail harness (custom) that goes from switch to lightbar?   

Thanks so much for all of the info.

Chop.

With your 2500, maybe check here for more info?
https://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/forum/174-2015-2019-silverado-hd-sierra-hd/

• 1 month later...

My eyes are hurting from reading 27 pages...

I have a 2015.5 3500 HC Dmax. I have read about the latching relay, and such. I currently have the sports bar, and want to add lights to it (though I'll likely be using aftermarket lights, as the ones GM sells they are very proud of).

My question is, has the "kit" been produced for the pre-2016 models yet, or do I need to build it out?

Also, if I do need to build it out, is there a more detailed wiring diagram for using the latching relay module?

TIA