OEM Off-Road Light Switch Install

13 minutes ago, AK_bearcat said:

I tried to buy the switch (84168423) off gm parts direct and was informed they are backordered with no known lead time. Anyone know of any other sources?hopefully with free shipping  

If you buy the red one, I'll trade ya my blue one...

Screenshot_20200108-121858_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200108-121904_Chrome.jpg

I ordered one from Tasca parts.  After taking my money, they informed me that it is a special order item, that will ship to me 7 days or so, after they receive it. I found one on Ebay for $20 more. It has already shipped,  and is almost to me. As soon as I get it in, I'm considering trying to get a refund from Tasca. If  I cant, I'll have one for sale, if it ever gets here

Edited by Lnafree

5 hours ago, Lnafree said:

I ordered one from Tasca parts.  After taking my money, they informed me that it is a special order item, that will ship to me 7 days or so, after they receive it. I found one on Ebay for $20 more. It has already shipped,  and is almost to me. As soon as I get it in, I'm considering trying to get a refund from Tasca. If  I cant, I'll have one for sale, if it ever gets here

That is true. I called my local dealer yesterday, he said 7 to10 days. 

I guess I'm just used to Amazon,  Ebay,  etc. If someone has something for sale listed on a website,  I'd like them to actually have it. If you have to order it to fill my order, that takes forever.  I could have gone to my dealer for that. Maybe I'm just impatient.  I get that way, when I start a project.  Anyway,  I will most likely have an extra blue one, when it gets here.

Thanks. I probably will, after my Ebay one gets here, today. I want to make sure this one is what it's supposed to be.  No picture on this one. Another reason I ordered from Tasca to begin with.  

Edited by Lnafree

Stupid question.  Switch and harness installed.  Does the dash light come on, without the yellow wire to under hood relay connected to anything?

I was testing to make sure my connections were good before continuing.  Plan to hook the light bar up this weekend. 

2 hours ago, RACERX7775 said:

If your truck is in fact one of the ones that winds up working like it should from the factory, then yes, it's just a signal out.

Mine is an '18 Sierra.  Shouldn't it? Just hooked up the relay under the hood to (temporary) light bar...nothing. 

11 minutes ago, RACERX7775 said:

If you do a long press of the button, does it come on? Do the headlights have to be on?

Nothing comes on. On mine, with headlights on. Switch functions fine for lights and fogs. Nothing from offroad switch. I guess I'll get the relay board...

Is there any way to light the instrument cluster with that setup, or at least the switch?

Edited by Lnafree

1 minute ago, RACERX7775 said:

Gonna have to go back a bunch of pages and read. Might have to do the latching relay like I did. Some just dont work for some reason or another.

Yeah. I've read through them. Ordered one. Does yours light the dash or the swich?