OEM Off-Road Light Switch Install

• 2 weeks later...

Thats why I bypassed the bcm and did the latching relay. There is no delay what so ever. 

On a side note: anyone have a red-GMC ORL switch that might want to swap for a blue one. Or selling a red one? 

I replaced all the rest of the switches and displays to red. Also replaced the chevy cluster with the red Denali cluster. The red ORL is last on the list.

20190109_165109.jpg

20190109_122115.jpg

5 minutes ago, Coltfiction said:

Anyone know how to install one behind the grill of a 2018 Denali (different grill than previous years) with active shutters? 

No easy options right now, if you remove the shutters you will get a check engine light.

Edited by pewterliftedz

7 hours ago, RACERX7775 said:

Read through..... several have done it. You will have to trim a couple of the shutter ends depending on your light size.

The back of 2018 Denali grill is different, I was told it takes up a lot more room than other gm grills. I’m guessing that would have to be modified as well. Just wondering if anyone has installed on specifically on the 2018 Denali grill.

10 hours ago, Coltfiction said:

The back of 2018 Denali grill is different, I was told it takes up a lot more room than other gm grills. I’m guessing that would have to be modified as well. Just wondering if anyone has installed on specifically on the 2018 Denali grill.

I'm waiting for the grill to show up but I found this option if you want to check it out. They will do the grill just about any way you want and it will not interfere with the shutters and comes with a 30 inch light bar installed. 

https://www.royaltycore.com/i-2662-gmc-sierra-denali-1500-2015-2018-rc4x-layered-30-curved-led-grille.html

Edited by montec982
Misspelling

2 hours ago, montec982 said:

I'm waiting for the grill to show up but I found this option if you want to check it out. They will do the grill just about any way you want and it will not interfere with the shutters and comes with a 30 inch light bar installed. 

https://www.royaltycore.com/i-2662-gmc-sierra-denali-1500-2015-2018-rc4x-layered-30-curved-led-grille.html

I know its just my OPINION, but who the hell would spend $1500 on a grill like that....  Sorry, not me. But, I guess Its gotta sell or they wouldnt be making them though. Also, I wonder how much the actual light bar costs...

The hardest part was getting the plastic insert out of the step to drill the holes. Only because I was avoiding removing the bumper because I don’t know about the 2500s but the 1500s you have to unbolt the bed from the body and raise it up to get the rear bumper out of the brackets. [emoji849]

I had these installed too but they were junk. Went through 2 pairs and both shorted out in less than a year. Poor customer service by Anzo as well since I bought them through Amazon they basically wouldn’t talk to me.

AnzoUSA 861145 Step Bar Light for Chevrolet/GMC - Pair https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IRUQW0C/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_4t.OBb759RSZN

Just noticed I can’t find them on their website anymore and Amazon says currently unavailable. So they must of figured out how crappy they were.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Go on eBay get the ones by Octane Lighting. Those things at Anzo are junk. I went through 3 sets.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Added a double row 30” curved led behind the grill on my ‘18 Sierra. Made custom brackets and had to trim the back of the grill/shutter shroud. Worked out great.

I’ll get some finished pics tomorrow.

5efbaaabb9bad142386ae6a4340c74be.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk