OEM Off-Road Light Switch Install

12 hours ago, lapoolboy said:

Details please!  What spacers exactly and where?  Did you have to cut on the shutters any?

Check out this forum below.  I posted more pictures and details on what I did in that forum.  There is another guy on here who only added one spacer per side but has to modify the shutters more.  I only had to clip the edges from two shutters but modify the grill a little more.

PM me if you have more questions or want more details.  I can also give you the details of how the other guy on here did his. 

Edited by Ryan2017Z71

Ok I read all this thread and have some big questions.

for example the wires that go to the BCM to turn the light on the dash on where did that information come from. also if this works like the foglamps why don't we know which pin exiting the BCM is not used to control a relay. just like the foglamps.

I started down this path with my main goal of keeping the truck looking factory. so if the BCM does have circuits that supply a ground or signal to control a relay I would like to know.

On 2018-12-18 at 7:29 PM, Bernard Sarazin said:

for example the wires that go to the BCM to turn the light on the dash on where did that information come from. also if this works like the foglamps why don't we know which pin exiting the BCM is not used to control a relay. just like the foglamps.
I started down this path with my main goal of keeping the truck looking factory. so if the BCM does have circuits that supply a ground or signal to control a relay I would like to know.

The information was found on an installation manual for the Off Road Lights itself. It specified what pins needed to be landed (like shown in the video). The “input” pin is what comes from the headlight switch and triggers the icon cluster. When that trigger is pressed, it would send an “output” trigger out to a relay. The relay is part of the ORL harness that comes when you buy the kit.

It was tested on a truck by @Tinkering Fox and it worked for him. I tested it on my truck and it worked as well. So he made/released the video, I am supporting the harness build for those that want it.

It also stated that this would be PnP for 2016 and later. A few 14-15 owners tried and report it didn’t work.

The BCM is essentially taking that momentary ground signal, latching it in the BCM, then sending that matched signal out to the relay.

The fog light works in the same manner. The issue is if the truck didn’t come with fog lights, the BCM won’t latch that momentary signal. So other means are needed to be added so it latches that signal. A latching relay in place of the BCM should work to take that momentary signal, latch it, and send down to the fuse block relay, then to the fog lights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

are you selling this harness

On 2018-12-18 at 7:29 PM, Bernard Sarazin said:

• Like 1

Yes $35. Just like the one in his video.

On 2018-09-22 at 6:41 PM, pgamboa said:

Ok folks, for anyone wanting this headlight switch harness, I have them ready made, and ready to ship.

$35 shipped anywhere in the US.

They are built with the same specs as shown in the video by Tinkering Fox.

Harness is labeled for easy installation!

Thanks to @Tinkering Fox for collaborating with me on this project!

PM me to order.

904b79b7340ef343716e92cc00648a3d.jpg

when your back from holiday this is what I want from you. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bkesting said:

Any good solutions for installing an LED bar behind an LTZ style grille?  Probably not. 

Its not really gonna be a problem with the light showing through the chrome LTZ honeycomb grill.  Ive seen several who have done it with no problems at all. Same with the Sierra Denali grill.

Im concerned with it coming through the Z71 grill on my LTZ.

3 hours ago, RACERX7775 said:

Its not really gonna be a problem with the light showing through the chrome LTZ honeycomb grill.  Ive seen several who have done it with no problems at all. Same with the Sierra Denali grill.

Im concerned with it coming through the Z71 grill on my LTZ.

Thanks