2019 T1 Frame and Axle Lift Point Information

Sierra Dan

Here is a little extra information I found on from GM TechLink with tips and details regarding the lift points on the new T1 GM trucks.

Newdude posted something similar in the frame issues topic a while back. I just thought I would add a little extra to that information.

Lift Points

TIP: Prior to servicing the vehicle using a lift hoist, the vehicle power assist steps must be disabled to prevent accidental activation. Use lift pads/spacers to provide proper clearance between the lift hoist arms and the vehicle’s fixed or power assist steps. After servicing the vehicle, be sure to enable the power assist steps.

For lifting the vehicle, various lift points are recommended. (Fig. 13) The lift points are:

1. Circular jack pad
  2. Widest point of the frame rail; requires adapter that is wider than the frame rail when using a hoist. Contact your hoist manufacturer for the appropriate adapter.
  3. Rear frame contact points
  4. Rear axle contact points
  5. Differential contact points

F13-s-lift-points.jpgFig. 13

For the front locations, the two approved lifting points are the circular jack pad (Fig. 14) and the widest point of the frame rail, which requires an adapter from the hoist manufacturer. (Fig. 15)

F14-s-circular-jack-pad.jpgFig. 14

F15-s-lift-pad-adapter.jpgFig. 15

The hoist pads must not contact the rocker panels, the floor pan or, at the front pad location, the front fenders.

Lift pad adapters for Challenger and Rotary lifts are available through GM Dealer Equipment.

When lifting at the differential (#5) with a floor jack, avoid point loading the center section of the axle, which is aluminum on most rear axles. Use a floor jack with a rubber pad or wood block to prevent damage.

• Like 1

Here is a little extra information I found on from GM TechLink with tips and details regarding the lift points on the new T1 GM trucks.
Newdude posted something similar in the frame issues topic a while back. I just thought I would add a little extra to that information.

Lift Points

TIP: Prior to servicing the vehicle using a lift hoist, the vehicle power assist steps must be disabled to prevent accidental activation. Use lift pads/spacers to provide proper clearance between the lift hoist arms and the vehicle’s fixed or power assist steps. After servicing the vehicle, be sure to enable the power assist steps.

For lifting the vehicle, various lift points are recommended. (Fig. 13) The lift points are:

1. Circular jack pad
  2. Widest point of the frame rail; requires adapter that is wider than the frame rail when using a hoist. Contact your hoist manufacturer for the appropriate adapter.
  3. Rear frame contact points
  4. Rear axle contact points
  5. Differential contact points

F13-s-lift-points.jpgFig. 13

For the front locations, the two approved lifting points are the circular jack pad (Fig. 14) and the widest point of the frame rail, which requires an adapter from the hoist manufacturer. (Fig. 15)

F14-s-circular-jack-pad.jpgFig. 14

F15-s-lift-pad-adapter.jpgFig. 15

The hoist pads must not contact the rocker panels, the floor pan or, at the front pad location, the front fenders.

Lift pad adapters for Challenger and Rotary lifts are available through GM Dealer Equipment.

When lifting at the differential (#5) with a floor jack, avoid point loading the center section of the axle, which is aluminum on most rear axles. Use a floor jack with a rubber pad or wood block to prevent damage.

You’re absolutely correct Dan, this is “one of” the stupidities and created for more business to be sent to dealerships avoiding standard lifts now populating 99.99% of all non dealerships lifts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 11 months later...
  • 7 months later...