Hello.  I bought a 2018 Chevy Silverado Duramax 2500HD High Country.  We recently took it on a long trip with the travel trailer, and since I had never owned a diesel before, I had no idea what DEF was.  We were on the freeway, about a 100 miles from a gas station.  I checked my gauge in the truck and the DEF fluid was "ok" and then 30 miles down  the road it was not ok.  I was wondering if there was a way to check the fluid, either by the computer in the truck or is there a dip stick that I can purchase after market?  Thanks for the help.

Sue

No there is no other way to check, is your truck brand new?  Most dealers when they do the PDI "forget" to fill the tank for you, I told my salesman when I bought my truck I wanted to be there when they filled it up, so he had me go into the shop as they put in a 2.5 gallon jug.  You should have gotten a message when your truck thinks it has 1,000 miles of DEF left and then another when it thinks it has 300 miles left.  You will find that spot in your life when filling the DEF should take place.  I usually go 5,000-7,500 miles on a tank.  :jester: