Turn Signal problems

brew0321

I recently installed aftermarket Tow mirrors into my 2014 Silverado. I had to purchase the "rzy harness" to install the pins into the door and other spots. After installing, the turn signals on the driver's side front and tow mirror does not work. They do work on the rear of the vehicle. I'm at a loss of where to start looking. I've also researched for turn signal fuses but have been unsuccessful in that area. Would like to know where i should start with troubleshooting.

Thanks,

Kevin 

They will not work on the aftermarket mirrors I had the same issue and it's actually the mirror set up nothing you did wrong. Unless you bought Factory General Motors mirrors there is no turn signal function that will work with the other aftermarket mirrors. I did the upgrade myself last winter and I thought there should have been turn signals also who turns out the mirror is not wired for that

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

This IS a common issue with MANY aftermarket mirrors.

The issue is:

The turn signal and running Lamp signals are tied together in the mirror (behind the glass).

What is happening here is that the running Lamp signal is backfeeding 12V into the Turn Signal Circuit and vice versa.

If you Mirror has a red arrow in the glass, your option is to cut the running Lamp wire out of the equation.

If the mirror doesn’t have red arrow in the glass, then your option is you can either make the Amber light behave as a running light or as a turn signal. Can’t be both.

So you’ll have to cut the wire (or unpin it) out the mirror connector.

For reference...

a34e99f9c4db6550202895e0769d287c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you pgamboa. I will do that. 

I checked out what you are talking about just now and with the lights on the turn signals will NOT work. 

Also my mirrors do NOT have the signal in the glass. 

So to clarify, I need to remove/cut the pin for the running lights in the mirror connector?

once again thank all you guys for your input it has been very helpful. Semper Fi and may God richly bless each one of you!!

Thank you pgamboa. I will do that. 
I checked out what you are talking about just now and with the lights on the turn signals will NOT work. 
Also my mirrors do NOT have the signal in the glass. 
So to clarify, I need to remove/cut the pin for the running lights in the mirror connector?

once again thank all you guys for your input it has been very helpful. Semper Fi and may God richly bless each one of you!!

So if you do not have a signal in the glass, you have the option then of how you want the Amber light to behave.

Did you swap out the door harnesses or are they the factory ones?

And yes, you’ll have to cut either the running Lamp wire or the turn signal wire. I would do this from the mirror side of the connector.

You can unpin it from the connector. Lift the white tab (about 1/8”), and using a pick tool, lift the lever inside the slot (each slot has one) from the front while pulling the wire out. Or you can just cut it.

I’ve got it working properly now. I had to cut the running light wires in the mirror connector. 

I would like for the running lights to work as well but i’m Assuming I have to get a different set of pin connector’s. Thanks again for your help in this matter. 

I’ve got it working properly now. I had to cut the running light wires in the mirror connector. 
I would like for the running lights to work as well but i’m Assuming I have to get a different set of pin connector’s. Thanks again for your help in this matter. 

Yep. With having one light in this mirror, it’s hard to make it function as both a running light and a turn signal. Especially with how it is internally tied together.

I’ve got a Dual Function Harness for to make it operate like that, but it requires the mirror to be internally wired like factory.

Archived