Post your latest oil change.

17 hours ago, Grumpy Bear said:

23 Mile Service

9/7/2024

Raven

2024 Mitsubishi Mirage G4

3A92 1198 CC MPFI triple, CVT transmission JATCO two speed.

23 miles on unit

23-mile OCI

5W30 Idemitsu (Mitsubishi) 5W30 SP ILSAC GF-6 + 8 Ounces of Red Line Break In Additive. 2260 Phos, 2640 Zinc total. 

Filter Mitsubishi

OEM fill was Idemitsu 0W20. Oil change on delivery per my instructions. Additive by my hand. 

New member of family and no introduction? 😨

Finally replacing Dizzy? 

Ok, I'll bite. I know you live for oil changes, but a change at 23 miles?? Curious; what does that thing hold, 4 qts?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MaverickZ71 said:

New member of family and no introduction? 😨

Finally replacing Dizzy? 

Ok, I'll bite. I know you live for oil changes, but a change at 23 miles?? Curious; what does that thing hold, 4 qts?

That's a lot to unpack :crackup:

I posted a photo in "Post Pics of your "Other" Rides" thread. Her name is Raven. 

image.thumb.jpeg.e560f485830ddedffc6754025c24baa6.jpeg

No, Dizzy is safe. Getting a new high pressure fuel pump this Sunday. 

23-mile OCI. Oil it was shipped with from Thailand was Idemitsu 0W20. It was four months on this dealer's lot old and who knows how long before that. Many hours for 23 miles. Lots of idle time. Burned a quarter tank in 23 miles. Yea, the trip home was 75 miles minimum. Solid lifter OHC motor needs more than Kool-Aid in it for a moderately aggressive break in. Sounded like a diesel on the first start during the walk around. So 5W30 and a good dose of ZDDP (Red Line Additive). I didn't give them an option. 

It holds 3 liters with filter. 3 quarts without. Filter holds roughly 5 ounces.   

• Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, Grumpy Bear said:

That's a lot to unpack :crackup:

I posted a photo in "Post Pics of your "Other" Rides" thread. Her name is Raven. 

image.thumb.jpeg.e560f485830ddedffc6754025c24baa6.jpeg

No, Dizzy is safe. Getting a new high pressure fuel pump this Sunday. 

23-mile OCI. Oil it was shipped with from Thailand was Idemitsu 0W20. It was four months on this dealer's lot old and who knows how long before that. Many hours for 23 miles. Lots of idle time. Burned a quarter tank in 23 miles. Yea, the trip home was 75 miles minimum. Solid lifter OHC motor needs more than Kool-Aid in it for a moderately aggressive break in. Sounded like a diesel on the first start during the walk around. So 5W30 and a good dose of ZDDP (Red Line Additive). I didn't give them an option. 

It holds 3 liters with filter. 3 quarts without. Filter holds roughly 5 ounces.   

Sharp looking little ride! 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, customboss said:

Sharp looking little ride! 

Thank you. MPG in order, 23, 44.91, 52.73 and 63.34 mpg. Still break her in. Next tank is a Mulligan. Bouncing around town getting work done on it. Alignment today after making the front adjustable with some camber bolts. It was WAY out. PPF next week and rust proof shortly thereafter. Tint and ceramic paint sealer after that. Perhaps an oil accumulator and CVT cooler. I tend to hang on to them awhile ya know. 🫣

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Grumpy Bear said:

Thank you. MPG in order, 23, 44.91, 52.73 and 63.34 mpg. Still break her in. Next tank is a Mulligan. Bouncing around town getting work done on it. Alignment today after making the front adjustable with some camber bolts. It was WAY out. PPF next week and rust proof shortly thereafter. Tint and ceramic paint sealer after that. Perhaps an oil accumulator and CVT cooler. I tend to hang on to them awhile ya know. 🫣

That’s  ECONOMY!!!

• Like 1

262,000 Mile Service

9/17/2024

DIZZY 2015 GMC Terrian Ecotec 2.4 I-4

500 mile OCI 

2 ounces of makeup oil. 

4.875 quarts of Tractor Supply Travelers SAE 40 SP + 4 ounces Red Line ZDDP

1 Purolator L15436 filter

Talk about quiet. :crackup:And cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeap. 

• Haha 1

1,000 Mile Service

Raven

9/21/2024

1.2-liter MPFI triple with a CVT

976-mile OCI. No makeup

Dropped the Idemitsu 5W30 SP with RL Break-in additive. Replaced Denso filter. Break in is over. 🫣

3.25 quarts Red Line HP 5W30

Purolator Pure One PL14610

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Grumpy Bear said:

1,000 Mile Service

Raven

9/21/2024

1.2-liter MPFI triple with a CVT

976-mile OCI. No makeup

Dropped the Idemitsu 5W30 SP with RL Break-in additive. Replaced Denso filter. Break in is over. 🫣

3.25 quarts Red Line HP 5W30

Purolator Pure One PL14610

Wish they had a lifted 4WD version of that for here! Love the value of that new car Grumpy! 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, customboss said:

Wish they had a lifted 4WD version of that for here! Love the value of that new car Grumpy! 

Hardest thing to get used to is this CVT coupled with 50's Beetle type power. :crackup:CVT's do NOT like to be hurried. Noisy little things when pushed but I do like the concept. Huge speed range with little rpm shift. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Grumpy Bear said:

Hardest thing to get used to is this CVT coupled with 50's Beetle type power. :crackup:CVT's do NOT like to be hurried. Noisy little things when pushed but I do like the concept. Huge speed range with little rpm shift. 

It’s a JATCO correct? If so use Mitsubishi type III? Is that what’s called for? I want to keep you in warranty and get that thing working for a long time and low wear. 
The Nissan N3 may be same fluid and we attempted to reformulate it with no success. It was that good. 

4 hours ago, customboss said:

It’s a JATCO correct? If so use Mitsubishi type III? Is that what’s called for? I want to keep you in warranty and get that thing working for a long time and low wear. 
The Nissan N3 may be same fluid and we attempted to reformulate it with no success. It was that good. 

I have no idea what fluid it uses. My understanding is it is a Jatco JF015E The two speed. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grumpy Bear said:

I have no idea what fluid it uses. My understanding is it is a Jatco JF015E The two speed. 

TRANSMISSION

AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION FLUID

For Automatic Transmission: F1CJB....VTF17

Capacity: 2.6 quarts Initial Fill. 
Capacity: CVT F1CJB Total Fill 7.4 quarts. 
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Grumpy Bear said:

I know I have used AMSOIL's CVT fluid in a few Nissan's with no issues.  AMSOIL's CVT fluid is listed for this application.  Grumpy, you can do a look up for it here. 

https://www.amsoil.com/lookup/auto-and-light-truck/?zo=521390

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Black02Silverado said:

I know I have used AMSOIL's CVT fluid in a few Nissan's with no issues.  AMSOIL's CVT fluid is listed for this application.  Grumpy, you can do a look up for it here. 

https://www.amsoil.com/lookup/auto-and-light-truck/?zo=521390

That’s what I shared above 

• Like 1

9/21/2024

2022 Chevrolet LTD Silverado Custom Trail Boss 

2.7L Turbo 8 speed 

5700 miles used 1 qt. 

NO OIL CHANGE will run another interval without changing 

A Premium oil filter EOF 10351C

6 qts RLI 5w30 on sale from Renewable Lubricants

RESET algorthrimic OLM @ 18%. 

BIO works. See below 

Note Amsoil is going to BIO in many of its formulations and I am taking note. 

This laboratory SUCKS for expense and speed of turnaround when they used to be same day so I am dropping them. 

Note latest sample is on left of screen.  Screenshot2024-09-2709_19_44.png.8d02809bdcea8afe4e7a4f41e25c593c.png

• Like 1