Post your latest oil change.

Plug-in hybrids like that are interesting as far as UOAs. Engine could see very little run time / actual mileage if the truck is run in battery only mode frequently. Might explain the crazy fuel dilution if it never runs up to temp?

• Like 1

2015 GMC Terrain (Dizzy)

6/21/2024

Ecotec 2.4 I-4 GDI

250,000 miles on the unit

2,000-mile OCI

1 qt of make-up. 

5-quart Mobil 1 ESP 0W30

3 oz Auto-Rx

Edited by Grumpy Bear
  • Like 2

On 6/19/2024 at 8:57 PM, OnTheReel said:

Plug-in hybrids like that are interesting as far as UOAs. Engine could see very little run time / actual mileage if the truck is run in battery only mode frequently. Might explain the crazy fuel dilution if it never runs up to temp?

The motor needs to be assisting the engine, not replacing it. Then it would be fine. Think you're on to something there. Oh, wait, isn't that what a Prius does? 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Grumpy Bear said:

The motor needs to be assisting the engine, not replacing it. Then it would be fine. Think you're on to something there. Oh, wait, isn't that what a Prius does? 

The engine is hardly used since we do mostly in town driving with no farther than 20 miles. It will at times, not sure why, just start up and hold at 1,800 rpm for about a minute and then shut back down.  It can go into F.O.R.M.(fuel, oil, refresh, mode) and it will show up on the display stating such.  But the think is ours never did. It mostly does it in the colder weather. But like I said, it will just start up, run a minute or so and shut down even with a charged battery.  Now it will run if we need the extra power.  Speaking of which, the 4xe is faster than even the 392 ci Jeep Wrangler from what I have read. It really does have some power and surprised me. I have not issues if I need to jump out into traffic, which around here is terrible. Hopefully the miles will rack up fast.  Susan uses it daily.  Looking at getting a level 2 charger so it can be fully charged in 2 hours instead of 14 from a depleted battery.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

7/8/2024

178,139 miles

2762 miles on oil

olm 67%

wix (usa) filter

about 6 oz. low

10-30 high milage amsoil

app. 1 oz. in

catch can

finally replaced block off plate with billet (most of my oil usage)

• Like 2

Just now, nqabigt said:

7/8/2024

178,139 miles

2762 miles on oil

olm 67%

wix (usa) filter

about 6 oz. low

10-30 high milage amsoil

app. 1 oz. in

catch can

finally replaced block off plate with billet (most of my oil usage)

edit 49 weeks on 5-30 amsoil

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

2015 VW Jetta (mom’s car)

53,461 total miles

3,952 mi OCI

Pennzoil Platinum 0w40 & Fram Ultra out

3 quarts Pennzoil Platinum 0w40, 1 quart M1 Euro 0w40 & Fram Ultra filter in. Using up some old inventory. Oil shelf was overflowing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...

2018 Grand Cherokee (new addition, wife hated the little Jeep and couldn’t drive it)…🫣

95,469 total miles

~2,000 mile interval (based on OLM)

Dealer Pennzoil 0w20 & Mopar filter out, sample taken & sent to OAI.

6 QTs Valvoline Restore & Protect 5w30 (Amazon Prime Day deal $26/5qts) & Fram Ultra installed. 

Also did front diff (Red Line 75w85 leftovers)

Transfer case (Amsoil red cap ATF)

Rear diff (Valvoline 75w90 leftovers)

Engine oil temp running 5 degrees cooler than the Pennzoil yesterday on the same loop and in the same ambient temperatures. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

TEST 10- 1 

7/13/2024

2022 LTD Chevy Trail Boss Custom 

58,970 total miles

2320 on oil

Chevron DELO 600 10w-30 

Ecoguard X11715 oil filter

Air filter at limit and cleaned out with air pressure because of dust here. 

Majority E15 used. 

10 tests of unit 580 .jpg

• Like 1

08/02/2024 2015 4.3L  (67,618 total miles)

~2,500  ~9 months Whispered 49% to me.

Utilized (Valvoline 5w30 Yes, my Ubiquity is Full of Sin  {$34.94} | Purolator One Filter {$11.18}) 

~ 1/4 stick loss of operating range for this interval.

Used concrete pavers placed on the nearest flat part of earth as ramps this time, as opposed to the curb (gutter) method.  I prefer the gutter as it is less time consuming; but I also prefer keeping the vehicle off the street and from blocking the 10% graded driveway when possible.

Also I rotated tires a week prior.  Greased and checked brakes.

Edited by Ubiquity
Nitpicking wording.
  • Like 4

35 minutes ago, OnTheReel said:

IMG_5451.thumb.jpeg.01e0f58ca5b9e7fdfe8c4c92d443fb6f.jpeg

Bet your air filter is restricted on that 3.6 V6 change it out or clean it if an oiled version. Otherwise it looks great. In this a 4XE version? Didn’t know it was offered in 2018. 

20 minutes ago, customboss said:

Bet your air filter is restricted on that 3.6 V6 change it out or clean it if an oiled version. Otherwise it looks great. In this a 4XE version? Didn’t know it was offered in 2018. 

I replaced it. Brought this rig up from Nevada so the filter and just about everything else was pretty dusty. No rust so I’ll take that trade any day.

No 4xE, just a regular 4x4.

• Thanks 1