2022 Chevrolet LTD Silverado Custom Trail Boss 

2.7L Turbo 8 speed 

5700 miles used 1 qt. 

NO OIL CHANGE will run another interval without changing 

A Premium oil filter EOF 10351C

6 qts RLI 5w30 on sale from Renewable Lubricants

RESET algorthrimic OLM @ 18%. 

BIO works. See below 

Note Amsoil is going to BIO in many of its formulations and I am taking note. 

This laboratory SUCKS for expense and speed of turnaround when they used to be same day so I am dropping them. 

Note latest sample is on left of screen.  Screenshot2024-09-2709_19_44.png.8d02809bdcea8afe4e7a4f41e25c593c.png

You're not concerned with the >1500 ppm calcium and LSPI? Turbo and all. 

Sodium is part of the add package? 

Oxidation answered one question I had about this product. Nice! Solvency. 

Nice wear too. Almost ASL good. :) 

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Grumpy Bear said:

You're not concerned with the >1500 ppm calcium and LSPI? Turbo and all. 

Sodium is part of the add package? 

Oxidation answered one question I had about this product. Nice! Solvency. 

Nice wear too. Almost ASL good. :) 

Absolutely not concerned with LSPI on this vs product. We RLI and I developed a version of 5w40 from the HD  diesel oil that we almost exclusively ran in NA 4.2 AUDI V8’s and Subaru Boxers turbocharged and boosted pushing 800 hp with no detonation or LSPI issues. The additive package is ameliorated by the film strength and solvency of the bio base. The base oils contain a complex mix of sunflower ,soy, and other oily esters with fantastic lubrication and flow characteristics via HOBS. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, customboss said:

Absolutely not concerned with LSPI on this vs product. We RLI and I developed a version of 5w40 from the HD  diesel oil that we almost exclusively ran in NA 4.2 AUDI V8’s and Subaru Boxers turbocharged and boosted pushing 800 hp with no detonation or LSPI issues. The additive package is ameliorated by the film strength and solvency of the bio base. The base oils contain a complex mix of sunflower ,soy, and other oily esters with fantastic lubrication and flow characteristics via HOBS. 

Honest question. Does this mean the SN+/SP Ca 1500 ppm limit is arbitrary? OR..... the limit in motors using a quart in a thousand (tested) OR

As I have mentioned many times, it matters little if the rings are sealing well. Bet that Boxer's rings were as tightly sealing as the lid on a pickle jar. 🤣

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Grumpy Bear said:

Honest question. Does this mean the SN+/SP Ca 1500 ppm limit is arbitrary? OR..... the limit in motors using a quart in a thousand (tested) OR

As I have mentioned many times, it matters little if the rings are sealing well. Bet that Boxer's rings were as tightly sealing as the lid on a pickle jar. 🤣

We found RLI limited oil consumption because of film strength , film strength even contaminated by fuels dilute. 

When I retired doing work at ASTM committees on oil formulations the “chemical box “ was arbitrary. 
Since I retired there has been some in depth study on LSPI funded mostly by API. I believe that an oil like Redline that is way overbased over additized proves to your thinking that LSPI really is a problem with using petroleum bases that are cost efficient but can’t handle higher additive levels! 
Think of RLI as a super formula from US FAMILY OHIO farm sourced soy, sunflower, rapeseed, and many others THAT ARENOT SYNTHETIC but HIGH OLEIC BASES that are filtered but not much more of processed. They are oxidatively stabilized. 
Gee wonder why GM, XOM, and AMSOIL are using bio bases now? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, customboss said:

We found RLI limited oil consumption because of film strength , film strength even contaminated by fuels dilute. 

When I retired doing work at ASTM committees on oil formulations the “chemical box “ was arbitrary. 
Since I retired there has been some in depth study on LSPI funded mostly by API. I believe that an oil like Redline that is way overbased over additized proves to your thinking that LSPI really is a problem with using petroleum bases that are cost efficient but can’t handle higher additive levels! 
Think of RLI as a super formula from US FAMILY OHIO farm sourced soy, sunflower, rapeseed, and many others THAT ARENOT SYNTHETIC but HIGH OLEIC BASES that are filtered but not much more of processed. They are oxidatively stabilized. 
Gee wonder why GM, XOM, and AMSOIL are using bio bases now? 

Serious questions get comic relief. 🤨

You are not keeping up Red Line HP Euro 5W30 and 5W40 are LSPI friendly, not over based and zinc and phos levels are SN+/SP level. As are standard and international HP 0W20, 0W30. Dexos1Gen3 compatible.

Doesn't matter how clean you BIO oil is. It can't be cleaner than the spotless results of this labels POE/POA backbone. None of these oils use the cheap OCP polymer either and due to solvency use smaller DI packs. I'll keep my Red Line (Pillips) thank you. 

More marketing. Thought you were a science guy. 🤔 Why use BIO? What is always the answer? $$$$$$ 

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Grumpy Bear said:

Serious questions get comic relief. 🤨

You are not keeping up Red Line HP Euro 5W30 and 5W40 are LSPI friendly, not over based and zinc and phos levels are SN+/SP level. As are standard and international HP 0W20, 0W30. Dexos1Gen3 compatible.

Doesn't matter how clean you BIO oil is. It can't be cleaner than the spotless results of this labels POE/POA backbone. None of these oils use the cheap OCP polymer either and due to solvency use smaller DI packs. I'll keep my Red Line (Pillips) thank you. 

More marketing. Thought you were a science guy. 🤔 Why use BIO? What is always the answer? $$$$$$ 

Back off now. I’m retired and cognitively challenged now. You just LOOK for ways to carve up my comments don’t you? I was speaking to what I tested 10 years ago. When Phillips bought Redline  they FORCED API add packs into GRP III Phillips crap. You LNOW THAT. 

COMIC relief comment is another demeaning comment that’s gonna get you offended when I return your BS fire. Do YOU WANT THAT ON MY GOOD DAYs? 
You are truly an ass. 
Just when I think you can check your tender EGO you surprise me. Sadly the wrong way. I’m not marketing anything. I get nothing for what I share here. Never have. 
My professional income consulting ended many many years ago. 
Use RLI cause it works. 

1 hour ago, customboss said:

Back off now. I’m retired and cognitively challenged now. You just LOOK for ways to carve up my comments don’t you? I was speaking to what I tested 10 years ago. When Phillips bought Redline  they FORCED API add packs into GRP III Phillips crap. You LNOW THAT. 

COMIC relief comment is another demeaning comment that’s gonna get you offended when I return your BS fire. Do YOU WANT THAT ON MY GOOD DAYs? 
You are truly an ass. 
Just when I think you can check your tender EGO you surprise me. Sadly the wrong way. I’m not marketing anything. I get nothing for what I share here. Never have. 
My professional income consulting ended many many years ago. 
Use RLI cause it works. 

No, you don't market products. You market a viewpoint. Yours. Not the same thing as a fact. You never Suprise me. I just have to wait for it. Talk about an ego. No one on earth is as smart as you..... 

Your statement was in the PRESENT TENSE, and I took you at your word. You said IS OVERBASED. Get a grip. 

Red Line HP and HP EURO are NOT GROUP III's. :crackup: Nor are the race oils. Just the professional series. Stay on task. 

I don't mess with their black bottle stuff. Can buy that level of pain at Walmart. 

22 hours ago, Grumpy Bear said:

No, you don't market products. You market a viewpoint. Yours. Not the same thing as a fact. You never Suprise me. I just have to wait for it. Talk about an ego. No one on earth is as smart as you..... 

Your statement was in the PRESENT TENSE, and I took you at your word. You said IS OVERBASED. Get a grip. 

Red Line HP and HP EURO are NOT GROUP III's. :crackup: Nor are the race oils. Just the professional series. Stay on task. 

I don't mess with their black bottle stuff. Can buy that level of pain at Walmart. 

My sharing here is derived from professional work and testing for as long as you can remember.
You are sadly behaving on and off as an internet troll that pisses off pros because of your dinky dow idiotic posts. Troll someone else. My mind time is too precious,  dork. 

Edited by customboss

22 hours ago, Grumpy Bear said:

Ok grumpy B are you aware for sure what base oils are used in Phillips Petroleum owned and now  made Redline products? All of them? 

3 minutes ago, customboss said:

Ok grumpy B are you aware for sure what base oils are used in Phillips Petroleum owned and now  made Redline products? All of them? 

Know the difference between 

IMG_8967.thumb.jpeg.64ce3336004101d2b8fc56f4d57c0953.jpeg

And 

IMG_8966.jpeg.76e67e268c50b71e9158c113a9df5147.jpeg

???????????????

Guess who makes the non HOBS synthetic  base oils for RLI? Guess who helps RLI FORMULATE??? 

IMG_8968.thumb.jpeg.15b840bab70ba5d286282eb3b421621b.jpeg

IMG_8966.jpeg.f68e00260edd83fe098ac768bc5055c2.jpeg

Edited by customboss

22 hours ago, customboss said:

I will repeat myself as I have answered this many times. I don't bother with the Professional Grade black bottle products. So, don't care, haven't even looked. And yes, I know 'for sure' what "types" are in the HP and Race lines. 

They sky isn't falling, and you can't WISH a thing true. Simply asking the question doesn't even cast doubt. That's a political trick. Pushing an agenda. Light turning on yet?  Doesn't matter how much 'experience' your assumptions are based on, they are still assumptions. One's YOU need to prove to be true, not me proving they are not. This isn't Watergate.  

None of your Bio oils will clean better than spotless or wear better than immeasurable. 

(170,000 miles)

image.thumb.jpeg.a5892e80aa9ca969595c572462de83b5.jpeg

Make the right argument. Renewable.

Take a breath dude. Let's get back to posting our latest oil changes. 😉 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Grumpy Bear said:

None of your Bio oils

THEY AREN’T MY OILS. I’m not owning or working for anyone anymore. EVEN WHEN I consulted I did not market for them. I TESTED INDEPENDENTLY until I worked for CUMMINS. 

The fact you personalize a brand shows me you are a novice. Talk talk