Automobile Magazine review of 2019 Denali...

2Speed

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love the 2019 Ram interior. They've gone above and beyond, no question. Standing next to a crewcab 4x4, I can't imagine it with a load of firewood. It's a sleek, family truck for the road where GM went for work truck.  Pick your poison, they're all overpriced.

What Ram is doing right is offering a 5.7/8-speed 3.92 with an option for a big fuel tank in almost every model.

What GM is doing right is building a truck that looks like it'll be comfortable hitting dirt and lease roads with a load of firewood even in non-Trailboss models. 

If I had to picka 1500 model today it would be the GM but under some mild duress lol

The idea GMC removed magnaride from the Denali and put in a new damper system still has me befuddled...I havent driven the Denali yet but it will be a major goof if the new Denali doesnt ride as well or better. Do they really think people are paying 70k for the additional chrome? One of the ONLY reason I would spend Denali llevels of money is to get a luxury vehicle ride.

What is the selling point for a Denali over a decked out SLT with a 6.2 with a 10 speed? The name, chrome and some stitching? Good luck with that...

Im betting they removed Magnaride so they can add it back in the mid cycle refresh and tack on 2.5k to the total price. That would mean (in 2019) they increased the price of the truck, deleted a significant and costly feature only to re-add it during mid-cycle and charge you for it...If they move in this direction we will have to hand it to 'em...

A loaded AT4 is $65k vs $67k so I dont think there is anything of substance that differentiates Denali from other trim levels on this new generation. Styling nuances, grille, chome badging, wheels, power running boards. The carbon fiber bed maybe. I dont remember if thats exclusive to Denali or if you can get that on SLT.

I haven’t driven one(19 Denali) yet either...but my 15 Denali rides wonderfully...it has the 20’s on it so that helps.  Lease is done in a month...and I’m not Very excited about this new Denali as of now ☹️.  Was really looking forward to a 19 when my lease ends at the end of September...but perhaps I’ll change my mind when I drive one...sure hope so.  

Maybe grab an 18 Ultimate for a steel instead???  I don’t know...We’ll see???   

But that interior gauge cluster on New Denali is just horrid...looks so darn cheap and generic in the videos/pics.  No chrome around the big Bose speakers in the door anymore(just plastic now)??    No sill plate on back Door sill area like on 14-18???  No back lit gauges like on previous generation??  No choices of screens in gauge cluster like on 14-18 Denali’s??  No pano roof(I never use my sun roof so not a big deal for me) but at least offed it as an option.  No adaptive cruise control?? No parallel park assist? No trailer back up assist???  Ram and Ford(no matter how you feel about them) are killing GM in high end offerings.    This is just disappointing.  

But yet GM is asking more money for the 19’s??   

Ouch! 

That was hard to read.

I agree with some of the criticism but the entire review was negative. ? 

Evolutionary instead of revolutionary. Welcome to GM. If you want revolutionary, new, some bugs to work out. See Ford and Ram.

I have to admit Ram has been ahead in interiors since the GMT900 2007.5+ generation.

Really? No adaptive cruise?

Doesn't the current gen GM SUV have that? 

With lane keep ASSIST and Low speed automatic braking / Collision avoidance on current trucks, you would think T1XX would have adaptive cruise.

At least it has Blind spot detection, GM SUV have had that since GMT900 generation.

My bet is GM is saving adaptive cruise for mid cycle refresh which is BS IMHO.

Man, that review was savage. I really wonder if GM is going to accelerate their timetable for a mid-cycle refresh... talk about damage control.

And how did this little nugget get swept under the rug for this long... NO MORE POWER ADJUSTABLE PEDALS?! Are you kidding me, GM?! Wow. People dont use them? Well maybe i am in the minority, but i am 6'1" and my wife is 5'1", so yeah...

Archived