First Comparison of the three brands

c0boy

2 hours ago, Sierra Dan said:

thURPGK5CC.jpg.5015b1a27e811af86d24c2c1bd818a01.jpg   

I am sure you all remember when the 1994 Dodge Ram trucks were introduced.

They were not received well either :shakehead:

Well I was 9 years out of high school when they came out.  I remember a lot of Chevy people jumping ship to get that new Ram back then. 

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, SILVER SLED said:

Well I was 9 years out of high school when they came out.  I remember a lot of Chevy people jumping ship to get that new Ram back then. 

I do too...that really catapulted them into a real contender...they stole a lot of business from GM with that design.  Lol and I was 8 years out of HS at the time...??

10 hours ago, Sierra Dan said:

So you can try to convince me or other GM members about the 2019 Silverado not having a familiar look to its heritage?

Not trying to start an argument guys! :thumbs:  To each their own and bless all of us for being able to express our opinions.

But I think the proof is in the pudding especially compared to the Cat Eye 03-06 Silverado

z1.thumb.png.73f73b1c09218fcf39d010b04daaf1dc.png

I think the front end would of looked better if they done the fog lights shape and location something like the 2016-18's, To me the current way the 19's are set up looks kind of cheep. Also if they did this that would made a similar air curtain to the sierras set up that isn't as noticeable.

I always liked Chevrolet trucks and I still do but I wished they would of kept the squared off wheel arches, back on the 2003-13 models they was slightly round but they looked nice.

On 8/31/2018 at 8:11 AM, Payton34 said:

So far all the reviews specifically on the GM trucks are not that great and when they compare them to the competition it really shows the flaws more.  I don't think GM studies the competition at all when designing trucks.  They say they talk to owners which I assume are the die hard owners.  I have only ever owned GM trucks but I really think Ram will pass up Chevy in the next couple years.  I don't think GM is winning and new customers that are first time truck buyers.  That goes to Ram and Ford for sure.  

Actually GM does look at the competition. They all analyze the competitors trucks. The problem with reviewers is that they never look at whats underneath the skin. Ford and their weak plastic 4-wheel drive. Ram and their weak IFS complete with plastic upper control arms. The 2.7 Ecoboost boasts big power ratings yet even with 3.55's and the 10-speed only has a tow rating of around 7,500 lbs. The Ram's 5.7 has an awesome engine note but even with more power and 3.92's, it struggled against the 5.3 Silverado with the 8 speed and 3.42's. 

Despite all the hype and praise coming from auto journalists, Ram sales are barely up so far this year and they're already knocking up to $10k off 2019 trucks. That's a sign that the trims with all the gimmicks and glitter cost too much. Just wait until word gets out that the 2019 Rams have a whole lot of build quality problems....

Archived