First Comparison of the three brands

c0boy

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I watched this yesterday.

No surprise the Silverado was dead last in their testing/opinion.

Bottom line is that the 2019 Silverado and Sierra do not shine at any 1 thing, but as a package they do them well together.

For me, it would come down to what truck out there looked the best.....  Nissan, Toyota included.

Hands down the Silverado has the best look of the 3 above IMHO.

It is a familiar look we GM loyalists can relate to, while on the other hand it looks mean from the front unlike any other brand.

Sure, the RAM interior is nice as to be expected... but what about the rest of the truck?

GM will do much better in the segment if they would beat FORD and RAM prices by at least 5% or more.

3 minutes ago, Sierra Dan said:

Bottom line is that the 2019 Silverado and Sierra do not shine at any 1 thing, but as a package they do them well together.

For me, it would come down to what truck out there looked the best.....  Nissan, Toyota included.

It is a familiar look we GM loyalists can relate to, while on the other hand it looks mean from the front unlike any other brand.

Sure, the RAM interior is nice as to be expected... but what about the rest of the truck?

GM will do much better in the segment if they would beat FORD and RAM prices by at least 5% or more.

Ram? Best looking of the three (IMNSHO). Best ride. Best handling (stock). Nice fit and finish. Now if they would do something unique like put a box on it that doesn't rust out in six minutes I'd jump on one....Love that HEMI sound too. Price? Meh. 

Just now, Sierra Dan said:

Competing aggressively on price could be a good strategy.  If you are not going to be "class leading" when playing the numbers game, you need to give buyers some sort of clear reason to choose your truck over the competition. 

If you send a truck to the media that is going to finish last in a big 3 comparison, it needs to read, "the Chevy came in last, BUT, you might want to choose it because..."

When I was shopping for my truck, price was a major factor.  More important than fuel economy, tech, comfort, payload / towing limits, and many other factors buyers weight their decision on. 

I agree with the lady when she said the Chevy is nice to drive but not nice to look at. 

Sorry Sierra Dan, the new GM trucks do not look familiar to me or anyone I've talked to. 

Fortunately, in my opinion, Chevrolets design chief I heard has moved on.  No more ugly cheek bone protecting feminine front ends hopefully. 

Trucks need to be trucks, not luxury SUV's

That segment stands on its own.

I think GM and Ford understand this (hence the lackluster interiors) and leaf spring rear ends.

Fleet sales make Ford #1

Not their turbo charged V6's or Interiors.

Just now, Sierra Dan said:

I don't think the entire market agrees with that statement.

5 minutes ago, Sierra Dan said:

That segment stands on its own.

I think GM and Ford understand this (hence the lackluster interiors) and leaf spring rear ends.

I agree, a "moden inteiror" is about the least important factor for me. I keep my vehicles longer than a 3 year lease term. After that time I don't care what trendy bluetooth "whatever" was offered. I want a mechanically sound, comfortable ride that will last.

So far all the reviews specifically on the GM trucks are not that great and when they compare them to the competition it really shows the flaws more.  I don't think GM studies the competition at all when designing trucks.  They say they talk to owners which I assume are the die hard owners.  I have only ever owned GM trucks but I really think Ram will pass up Chevy in the next couple years.  I don't think GM is winning and new customers that are first time truck buyers.  That goes to Ram and Ford for sure.  

1 minute ago, SILVER SLED said:

I agree with the lady when she said the Chevy is nice to drive but not nice to look at. 

Sorry Sierra Dan, the new GM trucks do not look familiar to me or anyone I've talked to. 

Fortunately, in my opinion, Chevrolets design chief I heard has moved on.  No more ugly cheek bone protecting feminine front ends hopefully. 

So you can try to convince me or other GM members about the 2019 Silverado not having a familiar look to its heritage?

Not trying to start an argument guys! :thumbs:  To each their own and bless all of us for being able to express our opinions.

But I think the proof is in the pudding especially compared to the Cat Eye 03-06 Silverado

z1.thumb.png.73f73b1c09218fcf39d010b04daaf1dc.png

10 minutes ago, Sierra Dan said:

So you can try to convince me or other GM members about the 2019 Silverado not having a familiar look to its heritage?

Not trying to start an argument guys! :thumbs:  To each their own and bless all of us for being able to express our opinions.

But I think the proof is in the pudding especially compared to the Cat Eye 03-06 Silverado

z1.thumb.png.73f73b1c09218fcf39d010b04daaf1dc.png

this new grill and bumper doesn't remind me of the old square bodies. look at the corners where they have the ugly "cheek bone" thing, that's the major design flaw.

1 minute ago, aseibel said:

this new grill and bumper doesn't remind me of the old square bodies. look at the corners where they have the ugly "cheek bone" thing, that's the major design flaw.

I never Posted about "Square Bodies"  

Of course the 2019 Looks nothing like a Square Body!

You can't convince me that the 2019 looks Nothing like a 2003-2006

Cat Eyes are Cat Eyes! LOL

Anyway, other than looks the reviewers are not kind regarding Interior, Engine, or even road noise levels compared to the other two.

Maybe GM will Revamp things and have a RAM like truck of their own in 2022

The 2019 Chevy looks huge compared to the other two. The Ram almost looks like a compact. The approach the each of the three are taking is noticable. No question Ram is tagetting the grocery getter market and I don't mean this as a slam. It's an important demographic, people will buy it for the interior alone. Chevy is difinitely going after the traditional buyer, working and farm/country folks. 

Archived