Extang Trifecta Tonneau Cover Released !!Item recalled!!

Extang has released the Trifecta 2.0 today. Short bed Part# 92456, $399 on RealTruck.com.      

!!!! UPDATE !!!! THIS ITEM HAS BEEN RECALLED AND IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE FROM THE MANUFACTURER 

4 hours ago, JacobC1983 said:

Where did you read that? Or did you buy one?  I am waiting for the Extang solid fold 2.0

I bought one. At first I didn’t think I’d mind but, decided to return it. I’d be interested if the solid fold does the same thing.   I ended up ordering the soft trifold from GM, I’m hoping it’s engineered to allow the tailgate work as designed. It should be here next week. 

Talked with Jeff at Extang today. He said, there is no recall on this cover at Extang. Not sure what's going on, but would like to come to an understanding if the 2.0 soft trifold works on the 2019 Sierra or not. He said that the power tailgate on the Ford and Chevy/GMC  works with this cover if installed correctly and that he is totally unaware of any recall. 

Talked with Mia at Real Truck and she said the Extang 2.0 soft trifold cover has not been recalled, because it hasn't been manufactured yet. Real Truck, in other words, and according to their customer rep, says that these covers are not yet available, even though I told her that someone has reported, Chuck, that these are in fact available and don't work with the power tailgate on the Chevy/GMC 2019 short bed. Hmmmm....

It most definitely does NOT work with the automatic tailgate. It was available at one point, I purchased and returned the item to real truck. 

I received notice from Real Truck customer service that the item was being recalled. I had already started the return process at this point. 

Currently if you go to the Extang site the cover is no longer available nor is it available through Real Truck anymore. 

There is only one way to install this cover and the tension placed on the tailgate does not allow it to work properly.  Im not exactly sure what is going on here but it sounds as if Extang is trying to save face with the GM community. Seems as if they all need to get on the same page.

See the attahced pictures of the conformation of my purchase and the Extang site stating they are not available. 

DF602AC2-BEFD-4BFA-B656-C2BD2FEF6F72.png

F81EEC69-F184-443F-B409-98479E3B21F5.png

Archived