digital_assassin's 2019 Cajun Red High Country 1500 Build Thread

Picked up a Cajun Red High Country on Sunday and thus starts the build thread.  There is so much unnecessary shit on the the HC but I LOVE IT!!  This thing is beast.  I've logged 200 miles in the first couple days and have no complaints yet other than... chrome.  I hate chrome and it won't be on this thing for long.  Pictures will come in the next couple days.  I don't hold back when modding and this is going to be a city/travel rig for hauling clients and the family around.  I have a JKU Hard Rock for crawling over shit in the forest!

PSA - Don't let the dealer wash your truck on delivery.  They will F* it up guaranteed.  On delivery my truck has more spiderwebbing than my Jeep which is immaculate except for where tree branches got it :).  With a little care your vehicle will only wear the necessary damage.  Just say no to car washes and do it yourself!

IMG_0145.JPG

• Like 5

Why did you opt for the High County if you hate chrome? Seems like the new RST, Trail Boss, or AT4 would have helped that decision. 

They had an LTZ and I liked the seats in the HC more. I can wrap the chrome window trim and door handles myself for next to nothing so it’s not a big deal. I’ll keep the grille as is, it looks great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you have to mortgage your house?

There’s a 3rd kid missing from the picture. I traded him into the dealer to lower my payments. He’s probably the one that messed up my paint when washing it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, digital_assassin said:

There’s a 3rd kid missing from the picture. I traded him into the dealer to lower my payments. He’s probably the one that messed up my paint when washing it.

Lmao, well played. I was just joshin yer taters. It's a sharp truck no doubt.

22 hours ago, digital_assassin said:

Too funny sir ??

Agree wholeheartedly on your advice to have people request dealer not prep their new truck.  My 2015 WDT All Terrain was scheduled to arrive on Friday the day before I was going up to buy it.  I made the request to my salesman for them not to PDI it or remove the plastic covering the seats.  Till this day it has minimal if any paint swirls.  Dealer personnel use stiff wash brushes throughout the day which cause swirls from the get go.  One day they will realize that microfiber brushes and mitts are the only way to go along with a 2 bucket method and fresh soap and water as needed.

Congratulations again on your new truck, enjoy it!

• Like 1

I was to take delivery of my special ordered 2000 Silverado Extended Cab 4x4, until the dealer ruined it.

Somehow an employee "detailed" it for delivery and used a buffing wheel on the brand new paint job.

Granted the color was Light Pewter Metallic.

Even with the lighter color the swirl marks were so obvious. Nothing they did or outsourced alleviated the damage.

Needless to say they ordered me another truck and learned their lesson.

I do not understand why some dealers take it upon themselves to try and fix what is not broken if you will.

I have also heard horror stories about Jiffy Lube workers wiping down customers cars with shop towels as a "courtesy detail" :smash:

Those with half a brain still try and use it ! LOL

Man congrats that's a gorgeous truck!  I think all the 19' model haters are ones that have the previous model and realize how ugly those square wheel wells really look but they are stuck with it! :D

• Like 1
  • Confused 1