A Look Underneath T1...

newdude

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, 2009GMC said:

How similar is frame to k2xx? I know GM moved front and rear wheels further out towards the front and rear but besides that similar to Current k2xx or drastically different? A side by side pic would be nice. 

I assume the breakover over angle is worse but approach and departure angles similar or better than k2xx?

Other than the bolt pattern, I can't see any frame similarities.  I will try to get some shots of a K2 together. 

Its basically a design mixed with 31XX (2015 Col/Can), which it looks a lot like in most of it, and some GMT-900/K2 HD sprinkled around.   

Hopefully it does not have the Canyon/Colorado hub thru rotor design. (You have to pull the front hub/bearing assembly to unbolt the rotor)

Makes changing front rotors a royal pain, especially here in upstate NY with our heavily salted roads.

11 hours ago, flattop said:

Hopefully it does not have the Canyon/Colorado hub thru rotor design. (You have to pull the front hub/bearing assembly to unbolt the rotor)

Makes changing front rotors a royal pain, especially here in upstate NY with our heavily salted roads.

04-12 Colorado/Canyon only.  2015+newer Colorado/Canyon don't have that brake setup.  They have a 4 piston fixed caliper with rotors like a Silverado.  Pads are held via pins.  No different than Brembos on Camaro/Corvette.  T1XX has this same brake setup now as new Colorado. 

Interestingly, the Hummer H3 was the only one on the 1st gen Colorado/Canyon chassis that didn't get those captured rotors. 

On 8/24/2018 at 7:39 AM, ducklawyer said:

Front suspension seems to have a more prominent knuckle. Virtually no angle for uca. Nice! Am I seeing that right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep the knuckle is taller and the UCA looks to be a bit shorter. Since the knuckle is taller, the UCA bushings can be softened up more for a smoother quieter ride. The steering/handling characteristics should be a little better too.

On 8/27/2018 at 7:25 PM, flattop said:

Honda is another company that loved to use captive rotors. They might still use them on some of their cars. They SUCK. Especially when Honda cars started needing 30k mile brake jobs back in the early 2000's.

Edit: Bad memory. The Honda brake jobs I did with captive rotors were late 90's not early 2000's. The early 2000's Hondas just had cheap shitty brakes that wore out way too quickly. Some of the worst I've seen. Hyundai was another fan of the captive rotor at one time.

38 minutes ago, HondaHawkGT said:

Honda is another company that loved to use captive rotors. They might still use them on some of their cars. They SUCK. Especially when Honda cars started needing 30k mile brake jobs back in the early 2000's.

I thought Honda was one of the most reliable brands :loser:

On the Honda subject..... that new Ridgeline truck is ugly, IMHO

14 hours ago, newdude said:

04-12 Colorado/Canyon only.  2015+newer Colorado/Canyon don't have that brake setup.  They have a 4 piston fixed caliper with rotors like a Silverado.  Pads are held via pins.  No different than Brembos on Camaro/Corvette.  T1XX has this same brake setup now as new Colorado. 

Interestingly, the Hummer H3 was the only one on the 1st gen Colorado/Canyon chassis that didn't get those captured rotors. 

Good to know, Thanks for the correction!

Archived