Post your blackout or midnight editions!

I actually like the chrome contrast on my LTZ (so not a full blackout) but I just tinted my stock tail lights a bit, and thought they came out nice (pardon the dirty truck).

Looks really nice! What tint did you use? Link? I want to do this for mine but didn’t want too dark to draw unwanted attention by the popo.

Delivered via my cellular device using a mobile chat forum thingy.

15 minutes ago, TX LIMO said:

Looks really nice! What tint did you use? Link? I want to do this for mine but didn’t want too dark to draw unwanted attention by the popo.

It is 2 coats of VHT Nightshades spray paint, with 3 coats of clear. Then wet sanded and polished.  I too did not want to go too dark.  You can still see a hint of red through the black, but they do not stand out as much like the bright red lights did on the black truck.

This picture was in direct sunlight with the sun to my back, and brake lights on. Still plenty bright.  They look even cooler at night!

42433909710_6f4f7d3387_k.jpgIMG_20180813_134306042_HDR by Mike Kubiak, on Flickr

44192910292_2e1ef4431d_k.jpgIMG_20180813_134310953_HDR by Mike Kubiak, on Flickr

• Like 1

It is 2 coats of VHT Nightshades spray paint, with 3 coats of clear. Then wet sanded and polished.  I too did not want to go too dark.  You can still see a hint of red through the black, but they do not stand out as much like the bright red lights did on the black truck.

This picture was in direct sunlight with the sun to my back, and brake lights on. Still plenty bright.  They look even cooler at night!

They look really good. I did mine with smoke plasti-dip. I want to peel it off and do the tint so I can get that gloss shine. Thanks for the info.

• 3 weeks later...

Bought this a week ago. 2017 5.3 2wd and lsd. Loving it so far ?. Also yes I know I got screwed on the front emblem lol. Apparently someone swapped it prior to me buying the truck. I kinda like it being unique from other blackout editions though 

3DA6C1B7-09F5-43EA-BC7F-7F7FD431F65D.jpeg

Edited by TyRy07
Additional info

16 hours ago, TyRy07 said:

Bought this a week ago. 2017 5.3 2wd and lsd. Loving it so far ?. Also yes I know I got screwed on the front emblem lol. Apparently someone swapped it prior to me buying the truck. I kinda like it being unique from other blackout editions though 

3DA6C1B7-09F5-43EA-BC7F-7F7FD431F65D.jpeg

Look's good - check your invoice , did you pay for Black ones ?? my dealer had to installed my - they were in the glove box .

Bought it used with 9900 miles so maybe previous owner didn’t pay for/ want the black emblem. Also no emblem at all on tailgate ?‍♂️ 

My 2015 midnight edition came with a front black emblem and in the build sheet it was said that the back emblem was to be “Deleted” from the factory. I ended up getting the dealer to put one on at no cost because that’s what I wanted

2015 Silverado LT Midnight Edition
4.5” CST suspension lift
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1