Silverado/Sierra side mirrors

Sorry if this has been covered a ton, but doesn't it seem like an enginerding oversight to have these sweet new side mirrors...and to have to relocate them onto the door panel vs where they have traditionally been, and to not do anything with the "blank" that goes there now...or at the very least have the panel be body color?

It has, numerous times if you would have checked. Did you just join to complain how they look? You do know it was for function right? Ever since trucks became image purchases people are more concerned with how they look as opposed to how they perform... Thanks for your insight I guess?

Tyler

I scrolled through.  No, was inactive for quite a while, thought it might be a good time to jump in with such a major overhaul.  Didn't see anything in recent threads, From owning a 94, 99 new body style, 03, three avalanches it glares out at me.  New to the market, might spark something in the modding community.  Came for the discussion.  Sorry if me pointing it out as apparently so many others have, has personally offended you.  Thanks for your fast response.

1 hour ago, Nate Luthardt said:

I scrolled through.  No, was inactive for quite a while, thought it might be a good time to jump in with such a major overhaul.  Didn't see anything in recent threads, From owning a 94, 99 new body style, 03, three avalanches it glares out at me.  New to the market, might spark something in the modding community.  Came for the discussion.  Sorry if me pointing it out as apparently so many others have, has personally offended you.  Thanks for your fast response.

There is no functional reason and GM said it themselves, despite slightly removing a blind spot.  They did it to push the design envelope and because they look awesome.  The blank plate that's there is because it still needs to survive crash testing and there is metal there to firm up the body. Other cars have mirrors on the door sheet metal and still use a blank plate.  

Man, I think at the very least they could have  reset the tooling of the door to at least have it flush.. seems like an extra step when they totally could have just the dye stamp do the work so it could be painted and actually match and not be so obvious, especially on a wholly new platform with all the r&d behind it and still needing it for structure

Archived