Where is everyone mounting rock lights at?

• 1 month later...
14 hours ago, Neallynein said:

I like the look of it. Plain and simple.  

Lighting up the Wheel Well ?....thats a new concept to me, never seen it done ?....seen lights mounted to frame rails, but Wheel Wells ?.....interesting.

• 7 months later...
On 9/25/2018 at 6:12 PM, Centex14 said:

That’s because Jeep’s crawl rocks so rock lights serve a purpose. Silverado’s don’t. Rock lights on street vehicles make you look like this:
f8b735433c2952758176f220f8c63a12.jpgDon’t look like this.

2014 z71 LTZ
Volant Intake
Borla Exhaust
Diablo
Bilstein 5100
Rough Country Level

Or put rock lights on everything and just let the haters hate while you enjoy your truck just the way you like it.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

On 9/24/2018 at 1:51 PM, Neallynein said:

For me, the ones that go above the tire in the wheel well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm planning in going for 4 pods per wheel as well as 2 pods front, back and sides. I'm also running strip lights in a few spots. Just need to figure out the logistics of doing the lights the way I want and making it look right.

I'm planning in going for 4 pods per wheel as well as 2 pods front, back and sides. I'm also running strip lights in a few spots. Just need to figure out the logistics of doing the lights the way I want and making it look right.

I did it but my back lights shit themselves so haven’t redone them yet but I ran the wires down the wheel well lip to the frame for the back

18 minutes ago, Neallynein said:

I did it but my back lights shit themselves so haven’t redone them yet but I ran the wires down the wheel well lip to the frame for the back

Any idea what went wrong with the back lights?

I put rock lights on my truck on the cheap by using strip lights instead of the conventional pucks.  Even though the Led strips were waterproof already I slid them in some silicone sleeves and filled them with clear silicone to fully encapsulate them.  Then used marine epoxy to secure them to the wheel well liners.  Used the leftover strip lights and put them in the factory grill.

Tlzl8GK.jpg

oEAPCqt.jpg

BD10rDk.jpg

IpgazVm.jpg

• Like 1