Airraid MIT vs S&B intake

I currently have the AIRRAID MIT tube with airraid filter installed on my 5.3 but am thinking about replacing it with a S&B intake (potentially another brand complete intake) and am wondering how much of a sound increase I will see. Im a firm believer that loud pipes save lives and would go for a muffler delete but theyre illegal in OH and the cops around me don't have a lot to do. On my Colorado, I installed a K&N and the sound increase was impressive and way greater then the increase on my sierra with the MIT tube but I wasn't impressed with the weather strip seal to the hood and like how the S&B intake has a cover on top of the filter but is way more open then the stock box. Any thoughts? 

Just now, AllterrainX440 said:

I currently have the AIRRAID MIT tube with airraid filter installed on my 5.3 but am thinking about replacing it with a S&B intake (potentially another brand complete intake) and am wondering how much of a sound increase I will see. Im a firm believer that loud pipes save lives and would go for a muffler delete but theyre illegal in OH and the cops around me don't have a lot to do. On my Colorado, I installed a K&N and the sound increase was impressive and way greater then the increase on my sierra with the MIT tube but I wasn't impressed with the weather strip seal to the hood and like how the S&B intake has a cover on top of the filter but is way more open then the stock box. Any thoughts? 

Also, on my Colorado I had the stainless tube intake and am wondering how much that was a factor to the sound that was generated. Thanks

Archived