285/45R22 Tire choice is limited, any real usage recomendations?

1.  I already own the truck and am just looking for recs from people who have used this tire size before.

2. I already know there are many out there that don't like the 22s, but refer to 1.

3. I live in WI so snow does come into play

4. I do tow snowmobile trailer and boat now and then, but nothing too heavy. 

5. I put Advanta ATX-750s on my plow truck and like them, but that's a 16 wheel.

6. The Bridgestone's that are on there now have treated me good.

EDIT:  Just read another tire thread and this was a cool idea

Noise,  kind of important.  Don't want loud for sure

Appearance,  not much tire showing anyways but as long as it looks like a truck tire, I'm good.

Traction,  I live in WI so all season is a must

Tread life, would love a hi mileage tire, but I do understand that when you get into the low profile stuff, that's a tough one.

So any real world advice would be greatly appreciated.

Kris

Edited by Blackpearl#1

this size tire sucks. there is a very limited supply. 

the only one I have found that may work for you is the nitto terra grappler g2.

i am in a similar situation. 

i am looking at 20" wheels for the simple fact there are many more tires to choose from

23 hours ago, Blackpearl#1 said:

1.  I already own the truck and am just looking for recs from people who have used this tire size before.

2. I already know there are many out there that don't like the 22s, but refer to 1.

3. I live in WI so snow does come into play

4. I do tow snowmobile trailer and boat now and then, but nothing too heavy. 

5. I put Advanta ATX-750s on my plow truck and like them, but that's a 16 wheel.

6. The Bridgestone's that are on there now have treated me good.

EDIT:  Just read another tire thread and this was a cool idea

Noise,  kind of important.  Don't want loud for sure

Appearance,  not much tire showing anyways but as long as it looks like a truck tire, I'm good.

Traction,  I live in WI so all season is a must

Tread life, would love a hi mileage tire, but I do understand that when you get into the low profile stuff, that's a tough one.

So any real world advice would be greatly appreciated.

Kris

I am currently running 285/55R22 Nitto Terra Grappler G2 tires. I found them much smoother than the OE Bridgestone's. They are stiffer being 10ply but I prefer that. They also come with a 55k warranty which is important to me as I drive 100 miles a day for work. I am very pleased with them. They were very reasonable too! I got the set for less than $1900 out the door with road hazard!! 

Nitto Terra Grappler in that size is also a good option. Less chunk but very quiet and a great ride

Edited by DrewSal
updated with photo

Same problem. The stock Bridgestones are disappointing. I did get GM to pay for two and I paid for 2 so I had to go through the dealer to get them. My choices were either another set of Bridgestone RT H-S, Alenzas, or Michelin Defenders. I went with the Michelins. I miss the aggressive tread, but the truck rides better on the highway. 

• 6 months later...

Bumping this up.  Getting much closer to tire time for me.  Thanks to all that have replied.  Also wondering if there is another forum section I should have put this post in?  Not the best with this forum yet, still learning my way around.  

Kris

I have the 285 45 22's Bridgestone Dueler AT RHS's that came on on my truck and I think they are a good all around tire.

I'm in Minnesota so I see plenty of snow and I'm not dissatisfied with them.

At Discount Tires they are $255 each.  So for a little over a grand not going to break you.

I think the AT RHS's are a pretty good tire. It's always fun to try something new, but I just may replace them with the RHS's again. They have great reviews on tirerack too. Seem to be one of the better oem tire offerings. Usually oem tires are garbage.