No MagneRide on 2019 Denali

You didn't read the article or do your homework did you? Save a buck because it is simpler? Probably better for durability and long term truck duty, not to mention easier and more reasonable for someone to fix 10 years down the road if/when it needs fixing (an assumption). Have you driven one with it yet? No. Just shows no matter what someone will always complain...

Enjoy the AT4, I am sure that is exactly why you are choosing the AT4 over the Denali and not the factory leveling kit.

Tyler

I have a wait and see attitude about GMCs decision in this area. We purchased a Tahoe RST about 6 months ago. I compared it to a regular Tahoe without magneride. My wife didnt care about the extra HP but the magneride and 10 speed transmission sold the RST. Its the difference between a luxury SUV and a truck SUV. Driving a magneride vs a non-magneride feels like driving completely different vehicles. If the new system isnt just as good then I think the Denali takes a HUGE hit.

Copied and pasted from the window sticker of a 2019 Denali. Sure SOUNDS like MagneRide, just by a different name. The electromagnetic damper fluid is the giveaway. It could just be a trademark issue since GM sold the MagneRide name and technology to Beijing West.

• Adaptive Ride Control 
    • Monitors each wheel independently during your drive, adjusting vertical suspension every 2 milliseconds to maintain a smooth ride
    • Real-time damping system uses a dual coil receptor, which improves responsiveness to quickly changing road conditions
    • Enhanced ride and handling in a variety of road surface conditions
    • Uses electro-magnetism to change the damper fluid's properties (no moving valves)
    • Enhances traction and allows more precise steering

On 2018-08-05 at 3:09 PM, amxguy1970 said:

You didn't read the article or do your homework did you? Save a buck because it is simpler? Probably better for durability and long term truck duty, not to mention easier and more reasonable for someone to fix 10 years down the road if/when it needs fixing (an assumption). Have you driven one with it yet? No. Just shows no matter what someone will always complain...

Enjoy the AT4, I am sure that is exactly why you are choosing the AT4 over the Denali and not the factory leveling kit.

Tyler

Agreed!  They are insanely expensive to replace when they break, a good move on GM’s part.

Archived