Keys banging against steering column

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, TXGREEK said:

Nope, they’re made and shipped from China. Never trust these sales types, junk and toxic materials!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve had mine 2 years with no problems and my fobs still look new. But I would not suggest eating them. By the way if you have an iPhone and are worried about products made in China you may want to ditch the iPhone too.

I’ve had mine 2 years with no problems and my fobs still look new. But I would not suggest eating them. By the way if you have an iPhone and are worried about products made in China you may want to ditch the iPhone too.

Nope, Apple has stringent quality control, you’re buying from a BS supplier from China. Give you an idea of why I brought it up, the US has quality control on factory ship products coming from China being sold in US stores, individual purchases are not inspected. China has in our history, as of today, the highest toxic products in production as well as being extremely anti American.

9 hours ago, TXGREEK said:

Nope, Apple has stringent quality control, you’re buying from a BS supplier from China. Give you an idea of why I brought it up, the US has quality control on factory ship products coming from China being sold in US stores, individual purchases are not inspected. China has in our history, as of today, the highest toxic products in production as well as being extremely anti American.

Yeah, but you're buying from Amazon, if the product doesn't work or is just junk, all you have to do is tell Amazon online and you will get a full refund and you don't have to send the item back. 

But I hear you on high quality Chinesium goods, I ordered some Chinese clear protective film once, came wrinkled, yellowed and had some 6 year old Chinese kid's hair stuck in the roll. I just about puked and threw it away. But amazon gave me my $20 back. 

Yeah, but you're buying from Amazon, if the product doesn't work or is just junk, all you have to do is tell Amazon online and you will get a full refund and you don't have to send the item back. 

But I hear you on high quality Chinesium goods, I ordered some Chinese clear protective film once, came wrinkled, yellowed and had some 6 year old Chinese kid's hair stuck in the roll. I just about puked and threw it away. But amazon gave me my $20 back. 

I stopped buying from Amazon a long time ago, constantly receiving made in China and other foreign sweat shop garbage. Last year I ordered some birthday bag stuffers and when they came in the had a horrible toxic smell. Amazon doesn’t give a crap about you or me, they’re only in it to make profits from anything or anywhere they can. Like Trump, I’m done with Amazon, they’ve hit the bottom with quality.

2 hours ago, TXGREEK said:

I stopped buying from Amazon a long time ago, constantly receiving made in China and other foreign sweat shop garbage. Last year I ordered some birthday bag stuffers and when they came in the had a horrible toxic smell. Amazon doesn’t give a crap about you or me, they’re only in it to make profits from anything or anywhere they can. Like Trump, I’m done with Amazon, they’ve hit the bottom with quality.

Same as every other corporate entity on the planet.

2 hours ago, TXGREEK said:

Thats like saying i stopped going to the grocery store because some of the items in there are crap!!

Amazon doesnt make and sell everything, they are just a store that sell things from a lot of other stores. Most of the time you can see which seller is selling the item. 

Sadly, in this dan and age you are going to have a tough time finding non chineese made items and crap. 

20 hours ago, Ozer said:

Thats like saying i stopped going to the grocery store because some of the items in there are crap!!

Amazon doesnt make and sell everything, they are just a store that sell things from a lot of other stores. Most of the time you can see which seller is selling the item. 

Sadly, in this dan and age you are going to have a tough time finding non chineese made items and crap. 

Yep, I agree. Amazon is just a retailer. Not buying things on Amazon is like not buying things from Walmart. The only one that loses is you. You need to save money more then they need your business. 

From Google: 

Today Amazon sells over 480 million products in the USA. Amazon's product selection has expanded by 235 million in the past 16 months. That an extraordinary average of 485 thousand new products per day. As of the first quarter of 2016, the e-retailer reported more than 310 million active customer accounts worldwide.

10 hours ago, catpartsman said:

I want to know more about this recalled key. I don’t think I ever received a recall notice about my keys

I believe it was a TSB but I thought that was for the earlier trucks in the 2014 year model. I know my keys are affected but as I don't keep my steering wheel in the highest position possible, I am not concerned enough to get two new keys made. From what I remember, if the steering wheel was in the highest tilt position, when moving the shifter from park to a gear it could come in contact with the key therefor turning off the truck. I love how the thread got derailed about what is and isn't appropriate to buy that is from China though. For the record, I refused to shop at Walmart for whomever cares.

11 hours ago, catpartsman said:

I want to know more about this recalled key. I don’t think I ever received a recall notice about my keys

https://www.consumerreports.org/cro/news/2014/12/gm-issues-new-ignition-keys-to-eliminate-shifter-interference/index.htm

Apparently the Yukon/Suburban was also affect. I was attempting to find the TSB number but figured this would be good enough. I can post a picture of my key if needed but it looks like the one in the link.

Also to the original topic, I keep my ignition key separate from my fob and other keys as it prevents the tapping noise and allows me to keep the engine running if I have to unlock my retrax. Another advantage is that I can keep the engine running but lock the doors if I want to run inside a convenience store for a coke or snack by using the fob. I wonder if there is a way to install the remote locking mechanism for the tailgate that's on the newer GM trucks 

If my key EVER rattles/makes noise  or even pokes me in the leg when in my pocket, I will unleash the wrath on that son of a gun. No one should ever have to take such abuse a the hands of GM. I am pretty sure they have constant/secret/behind closed doors/corporate meetings trying to figure out ways to mess with truck owners.     

Archived