White Letter Tires Picture Request

I only found a few threads discussing the topic of white letters out on tires, but not very many pictures. If you have 17 or 18" wheels and a taller 33-34" tire with white letters out please post a picture so I can decide. I typically like the white letter look but not sure how well they will go with the new body style. Please also add wheel/tire combo specs.

Thanks!!

A couple days ago I replaced my tires after some pretty extensive research.   Stock 275/55 20.   One of the questions I asked in the process was whether I would consider raised white letter.   Easy choice.   No tire I considered offered the option in my size.

ended up w Continental Terrain Contact AT.  

• Like 2

Thanks for those that posted. Are white letters that outdated that no one else has pictures?

A lot of trucks have custom wheels which look much better with blacked out sidewalls. Nostalgia maybe but not in current folks that off road whether light or heavy cause you’ll rip the outline off with one rub.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not that no one likes white letters, It's they are impossible to keep clean and good looking, and God forbid you accidentally rub a curb the white letters get destroyed and you can scuff the black layer on top of the rest of the tire off to the white layer and end up with white spots on tires.
Below is an extreme case of scuffing. But they only issue with the tire is cosmetic.

97d0ff20a0c6f9e34eecd25df35d1ae4--destinations.jpg

It's not that no one likes white letters, It's they are impossible to keep clean and good looking, and God forbid you accidentally rub a curb the white letters get destroyed and you can scuff the black layer on top of the rest of the tire off to the white layer and end up with white spots on tires.
Below is an extreme case of scuffing. But they only issue with the tire is cosmetic.

97d0ff20a0c6f9e34eecd25df35d1ae4--destinations.jpg.e0c30ec684ee445173bfc07277363a0a.jpg

Exactly!

I'm considering these tires..I believe they are made by Cooper kinda along side the AT3, ATP and Zeon. I can see the resemblance to all three.

How do you like these tires? Ride smooth? Sound level?

275/65/18 on 18x9

270C1482-D230-47AB-8CC4-24D40108B8B0.thumb.jpeg.ea52c604b4720b2a3f394d02124e8bec.jpeg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I'm considering these tires..I believe they are made by Cooper kinda along side the AT3, ATP and Zeon. I can see the resemblance to all three.
How do you like these tires? Ride smooth? Sound level?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I’m a solid old school BFG lover but my neighbor loves his Cooper AT3’s.

Thanks guys for the pictures!  I think the white looks good on this body style. I am 30 years old, but consider myself pretty old school for my age.  I enjoy chrome bumpers on trucks, and my '71 Corvette, I like white letter tires, and I hate the blackout all 1 color stuff people do now.  I prefer contrast and accent colors (ie chrome).

I agree that excessive curbing can cause the white to show in other places, so just dont hit a curb! lol  I have been off roading in numerous vehicles with some white letter tires and scraped the sides on rocks and sharp edges without losing a letter of exposing the white.  It would take deliberate repeated abuse to make it an issue for most people.

4 hours ago, TXGREEK said:

I’m a solid old school BFG lover but my neighbor loves his Cooper AT3’s.

I've had a few sets of the BFG all terrains and they're good tires. However I hate that they run narrow and very heavy. Also most sizes I want are only available in a load range E. 

I'm looking for a white letter 33" mudder in a 17"wheel version. Can't find one that's not a D or a E. Same thing in a 18". 

I've had a few sets of the BFG all terrains and they're good tires. However I hate that they run narrow and very heavy. Also most sizes I want are only available in a load range E. 
I'm looking for a white letter 33" mudder in a 17"wheel version. Can't find one that's not a D or a E. Same thing in a 18". 

Totally agree with you. The tires I have now are 275/60/20 KO2’s. I’m looking at possibly switching them out for 285/65/20’s just for a bit more girth. My neighbor loves his Cooper AT3’s

• Like 1