Volant Cold Air Intake

1 hour ago, aseibel said:

I'll wait til my muffler rusts out to change to a flowmaster on this truck.

Good luck with that. I’ve had the same Flowmaster American Thunder cat back in my “saved for later” Amazon list for at least 6 years now waiting for the factory muffler/pipe to rot out on my 01 2500HD. Outer Rockers 90% gone, Cab Corners 50% gone, ALL brake lines replaced with stainless years ago, frame looks worse than the chunk of steel off the Titanic on display in Vegas, and exhaust manifold bolts replaced cause they rotted away. Yet the damn stock exhaust looks like it’s maybe 3 years old, couple years ago it developed a exhaust rattle I thought “HELL YES it’s time” climbed under it, heat shield weld worked loose, couple 3 dollar muffler clamps fixed that. Guess l’ll just keep waiting... 

I need it quiet enough that my wife doesn't complain when cruising on the highway”

I still don’t think I ever told my wife I did exhaust on the CC yet, it’s only been a year +, she never has said anything about it being “louder” even with multiple trips to the family farm 2+ hours away. Course when she’s in the truck I have to drive like a responsible adult...

16 minutes ago, wforrest08 said:

Good luck with that. I’ve had the same Flowmaster American Thunder cat back in my “saved for later” Amazon list for at least 6 years now waiting for the factory muffler/pipe to rot out on my 01 2500HD.

haha, yeah, you may be right. Maybe I'll just tell her its time for a new muffler.

Now that my 36 month original warranty is expiring in about 2 weeks.

My family and friends drove high performance cars when I started dating my wife 44 years ago. My car when we got married was a 74 barracuda. Loud, jacked up and fast. She didn’t get it at first but she got to drive a long list of performance cars. And still does. I created a monster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived