New Silverado 1500 Centennial Edition shakes

Good morning everyone, I recently bought a new Centennial Edition 2 weeks ago and yesterday was the first time I had it on the interstate and when I hit 70mph the truck seemed like it was shaking like crazy. I first though it was the lane I was in but when I switched lanes it was still there. Truck only has 500 miles on it that has been all city driving. I’m calling the dealer Monday morning to let them know. I would think if you spend this much money in a high end truck that the truck would drive pretty smooth. What’s going on with this, has anyone else been experiencing this issue.

Check out this thread.  Hope your's turns out to a simple fix.  Best of luck.

16 minutes ago, Triumph65 said:

Good morning everyone, I recently bought a new Centennial Edition 2 weeks ago and yesterday was the first time I had it on the interstate and when I hit 70mph the truck seemed like it was shaking like crazy. I first though it was the lane I was in but when I switched lanes it was still there. Truck only has 500 miles on it that has been all city driving. I’m calling the dealer Monday morning to let them know. I would think if you spend this much money in a high end truck that the truck would drive pretty smooth. What’s going on with this, has anyone else been experiencing this issue.

This is discouraging that there are still problems in 2018s. I hope isn’t a frustrating fix for you. I haven’t really driven past 70, so I’m not sure if mine has issues above that.  

It seems like the driveshaft is out of spec and causing this vibration issue. There’s no issues with the front, seems to be coming from the rear. Even my groceries were shaking like crazy in the back, He’ll I have a slammed old VW Beetle with the tightest suspension and it’s stiff and doesn’t make stuff shake like this.

1 hour ago, Triumph65 said:

It seems like the driveshaft is out of spec and causing this vibration issue. There’s no issues with the front, seems to be coming from the rear. Even my groceries were shaking like crazy in the back, He’ll I have a slammed old VW Beetle with the tightest suspension and it’s stiff and doesn’t make stuff shake like this.

Don't guess or start over-thinking.  Get it back to the dealer Monday for a resolution and/or start a paper trail.  It could be something as simple as a wheel out of balance.

Yeah I’ll be calling first thing in the morning, I must admit I was really disappointed when it started to shake. I absolutely love my truck, I hope they get this fixed. I bought this for the extra room and comfort so when I go on trips that everyone will be comfortable. Don’t want the passengers shaking the whole time at highway speeds

I have a 2018 ltz (not centennial) that had the shake.  Had to take it back twice For road force balance. The first time they couldn’t get the tires within spec. Asked me to put another 1000 miles on the tires. They even showed me the spec sheets for the tires and how much they were out.  Took it back after putting 2000 more miles. Rides like a Cadillac now. If they don’t put the meter on it go to a different dealership. Just went on a 500 mile interstate trip speeds up to 90. I couldn’t be more pleased with how it rides now. 

I have the same Centennial edition, 2 months old, put 5,000 miles on it. Haven't noticed any shaking issues and I occasionally hit the governor. I hope you get this sorted out and don't have any more issues. I have several problems with ticking sounds, harsh shifts, and bumping on downshifts and the dealer can't fix it. 

Archived