Has anyone installed a water/methanol inject kit on any of the small blocks (2014-2018)?

I personally have the LV3 4.3L V6.

Looking to eliminate the carbon build up, caused by direct injection, on the intake valves.

Right now I'm trusting that Sea Foam is doing the job every 30k miles.

EDIT* I'm also interested in the increased performance after tuning. I am aware that a catch can would eliminate the majority of carbon build up on the valves.

Edited by lylknutsak
Clarification

12 minutes ago, lylknutsak said:

Has anyone installed a water/methanol inject kit on any of the small blocks (2014-2018)?

Looking to eliminate the carbon build up, caused by direct injection, on the intake valves.

Get a catchcan.  I dont think adding meth is worth it just for that    

15 minutes ago, lylknutsak said:

How are you getting the sea foam to the topside of the intake valve? You know putting in the fuel tank doesn’t Help?

4 minutes ago, Nasty said:

Get a catchcan.  I dont think adding meth is worth it just for that    

I thought about doing that. Or both. Catch can would be about $200 cheaper.

1 minute ago, Hoginedgewood said:

How are you getting the sea foam to the topside of the intake valve? You know putting in the fuel tank doesn’t Help?

Sea Foam sales an aerosol can with a long bent straw. Goes in at the throttle body. Allows you to have everything tightened up.

http://www.acehardware.com/product/index.jsp?productId=20790476&msclkid=54f1fe71a1fb1089e34ea568e3a9e1d1&cid=CAPLA:B:Shopping_-_Catch_All&utm_term=4582283428594338&bingpla=bingpla_15718044&utm_campaign=Shopping - Catch All&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&k_clickid=a4ab8056-7d9f-42e0-b6d6-432a0efe84ee&utm_content=Catch All

And meth would also require a tune I think.  

Easier a d faster to get a catchcan.  

I have a moroso catchcan.  I used the oem snap fittings. Cost me 140 bucks 

Just now, Nasty said:

And meth would also require a tune I think.  

Easier a d faster to get a catchcan.  

I have a moroso catchcan.  I used the oem snap fittings. Cost me 140 bucks 

True. I have the truck tuned already. Mostly to disable AFM and Torque Management. I might just do the catch can first and scope the intake valves to see the difference.

I'd still like to see an example of water methanol though. Looking at a stage 2 kit from snow performance. Pretty easy install. Easy to adjust.

Just now, Nasty said:

You're probably right.  But I just dont see putting in meth just for that reason is all

I understand. The performance increase would be nice as well. If I wasn't tuning and modifying the truck, I'd only worry about the catch can. 

Hoping someone post an example so I can see what kind of gains they received.

2 hours ago, WesternMike said:

Now you have me looking into this to add.. lol

I like the Stage 2 Kit from Snow Performance. Uses the readings from your MAF sensor to adjust the injection. Definitely requires tuning though.

I bet someone has a catch can thread also since carbon build-up is a known issue. If anyone has a link to such a thread they should post it :) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hizzo3 said:

On the ecotec3 motors, they account for humidity as well. You will likely need a tune.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Definitely

https://www.snowperformance.net/Stage-2-MAF-MAP-Water-Methanol-injection-system-p/sno-212.htm

This is the kit I was looking at. If anyone has another reputable company that deals with water/methanol injection, let me know.

I just like the ease of install and support these guys are said to offer.