Does anyone know the specs for the Bose audio?

Hello all, glad I found this forum.  Seems like a heck of a cool site.

I'm looking to upgrade my 2018 Silverado 1500's audio.  I love the truck overall but am somewhat picky about the audio.  I spend a lot of time in the truck and am really into music.  I've put an upgraded system in pretty much every vehicle I've ever owned,  and I'm pretty up with how to read specs.  What I really need now is the stock specs on my truck so I know where I'm starting at.

I have the Super Crew truck, with the Bose system and bucket seats.

I'm not having any luck finding out the size of the stock speakers and what OHM rating they have  And, I would really love to know what kinda RMS wattage the stock head unit pushes to those speakers. And if I'm not mistaken, the Bose system uses a separate amp, and I'd like to know what watt rating that has too.  I'm trying to decide whether just to try and upgrade the speakers, or to bypass the stock audio components such as the Bose amp completely.

Any info on the speakers sizes and such will be greatly appreciated. 

Edited by Sayre

The stock head unit don’t do anything as far as power the Bose amp is on the back wall behind the rear seat. I believe it’s almost 200watts. It’s hard to find Bose specs. They use a diff OHM I know that. I am pretty happy with Bose the only thing I did was add the Kicker sub under the rear seat.

Also the speaker size is the same as factory non Bose. But I’m not sure on what to replace them with because Bose has its own set of standards. I believe you would need to eliminate Bose all together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Jaychevy81 said:

I believe you would need to eliminate Bose all together.

That's how I'm leaning.  I really just like a higher level of components and sound quality than this stock system.

8ohm. 6x9 in the front 6.5 in the back.
Roughly 42.5watts per speaker per Bose tech department.

Yea I figured it was around there that’s not all that bad. I had the kicker DSP in my last 15 non Bose and I feel the Bose is clearer just my opinion.

I replaced the stock bose 6” sub with a 10” JL Stealthbox that fits under center console. Added a JL audio 300w1v2 amp and audio control lc2i. I left the 4 door and 2 dash speakers stock bose running off 175w bose amp. 

IMO sound perfect! Lots of low end bass at ALL volumes. No more bass fade at big volume. 

Only problem now is center console rattles!

jl also offers a dual 10” under rear seat Stealthbox but I didn’t want to loose under rear seat storage. 

Edited by 2009GMC

16 hours ago, Jaychevy81 said:

Yea I figured it was around there that’s not all that bad. I had the kicker DSP in my last 15 non Bose and I feel the Bose is clearer just my opinion.

In my opinion the Bose system sounds amazing! That’s why I decided to just go with adding a box with two 10s , maybe 12s lol. Yes I’m going to loose the storage under the seat but the stuff I got underneath the seats is nothing that needs to be there. 

Stock bose 6” sub vs 10” JL Stealthbox for under center console 
B212DE48-D9E4-4B7B-9492-7CCB6BFA8999.thumb.jpeg.c920f35a0682c05d6ddfbbda2526e31f.jpeg

Amazing the size diff I Will admit the stick Bose sub is def weak that’s why I did the Kicker sub in the back. I looked at the JL sub but I was afraid of the console rattling.

In my opinion the Bose system sounds amazing! That’s why I decided to just go with adding a box with two 10s , maybe 12s lol. Yes I’m going to loose the storage under the seat but the stuff I got underneath the seats is nothing that needs to be there. 

I did the Kicker sub and still put the under seat storage bin just cut it off where the sub fits. The one sub is def good. Plus it’s all in 1 I like the staying as close to factory as possible.

• Like 1