Dropping SiriusXM, Bluetooth Issues

I want to cut the SiriusXM cord. Paying subscriptions for 2 radios is just too much money.
So I signed up for Google Play Music. My plan is to download music on my Galaxy J7 and play it back via Bluetooth over the audio system.
I've got this working, but the quality of the music is not as good as the satellite radio. I know this goes against all I've read. Everything I read says that satellite radio quality is crummy.
When I play back the downloaded music via Bluetooth I have to crank the volume way up and it just doesn't have the quality or "richness" of the FM or satellite radio. This is the case on both the Chevy truck and the Camry.
I've got all the settings on the Google Play app set to get the highest quality download and playback.
Anybody know why this is? Is it just something I've got to live with? Got any suggestions?
Thanks

Have you tried using a USB cord?

I downloaded all my old CDs and any other music I had on my computer to a thumbdrive and just plugged that into my truck.  Basically the same thing as XM.  Plays at same quality that I copied the music over at. 

• I would try android play with the usb cable. Then go into the phone a play with the EQ settings. then go to radio and adjust those settings there are many in the radio but some over process a signal. my ears hurt at 60%+ volume with all settings at 0.
  • Also isn't xm free right now. 
  • I have 2 cars also and my truck has the nav traffic also 

Archived