Towing Numbers

I've tried searching and can't seem to find any information about towing.

I've had a couple of 2500's, a 3500 and my son now has a Canyon. When he got his, I went back to a 4 door sedan. It's been 3 years and I'm ready to be back in a truck. His 4 cylinder Canyon doesn't do it for me....

I'm interested in a 2019 AT4 with the D-max. Will the tow specs be lower on the AT4 than on the straight Denali? Kind of like how the ZR2 is less than the Z71 Colorado. 

Thanks, friends!

2 hours ago, amxguy1970 said:

I doubt the AT4 will be offered with the diesel since it isn't offered trailboss.

Tyler

From the GMC page....Sierra AT4 is equipped with a 5.3-liter V-8 engine and eight-speed automatic transmission as standard equipment, while either a 6.2-liter V-8 or a new 3.0-liter inline-six turbo-diesel will be available as optional equipment

This is why I originally thought the AT4 would show up with a diesel. If this isn't true anymore, it would certainly force me to change my thought process.

I guess I'll keep waiting for more "official" news.

Enjoy the day...

1 hour ago, Daver said:

From the GMC page....Sierra AT4 is equipped with a 5.3-liter V-8 engine and eight-speed automatic transmission as standard equipment, while either a 6.2-liter V-8 or a new 3.0-liter inline-six turbo-diesel will be available as optional equipment

This is why I originally thought the AT4 would show up with a diesel. If this isn't true anymore, it would certainly force me to change my thought process.

I guess I'll keep waiting for more "official" news.

Enjoy the day...

That would be nice, it just appeared the AT4 was the GMC equivalent of the Trailboss which isn't getting either. I don't see anything on the GMC site reference the optional engines or even a standard engine. I did find this TFLtruck post from March when it was revealed stating that. Like I said I hope so as options are great (just like giving the 6.2 availability in lower trim levels) but with it being a similar suspension to the Trailboss and it not getting it I would think it wouldn't, but maybe GMC will offer more for the premium image the have?

https://www.tfltruck.com/2018/03/what-makes-the-2019-gmc-sierra-1500-an-at4-off-road-truck-makes-world-debut/

Tyler

1 hour ago, amxguy1970 said:

That would be nice, it just appeared the AT4 was the GMC equivalent of the Trailboss which isn't getting either. I don't see anything on the GMC site reference the optional engines or even a standard engine. I did find this TFLtruck post from March when it was revealed stating that. Like I said I hope so as options are great (just like giving the 6.2 availability in lower trim levels) but with it being a similar suspension to the Trailboss and it not getting it I would think it wouldn't, but maybe GMC will offer more for the premium image the have?

https://www.tfltruck.com/2018/03/what-makes-the-2019-gmc-sierra-1500-an-at4-off-road-truck-makes-world-debut/

Tyler

From what I can tell, the AT4 is basically a "LTZ Trailboss" where the Trailboss maxes out at LT level.

From what I can tell, the AT4 is basically a "LTZ Trailboss" where the Trailboss maxes out at LT level.

GM stated the AT4 is between a SLT and Denali. With the options that we currently know are available for the AT4. It looks like a fully loaded AT4 will be very similar to the Denali. The Denali will probably some slight differences like seat stitching.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived