***Alpine X110slv 10" Restyle Kit"

Marv88

9 minutes ago, Big C said:

Did you ever sale this?

Btw, check out the new Pioneer DMH modular units which are similar (separate screen and hideaway module) in that they install with no cutting inside the dash like a typical double din requires. Comes in a 7" or 8" screen at 1/4 the price of the new Alpine version of this one. The Metra dash kits for Silverado's will be out soon if not already making for a simple installation using your factory trim piece. 

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, TrillWill said:

So what do though have now? Do you have any pictures or videos?

Right now I have the stock iob 7" headunit with a JL Audio twk 88 signal processor but I will most likely go with the 8" DMH-C5500NEX when the dash kits become available (I'll keep the twk 88 as the Pioneer doesn't have enough processing for what I'm looking to accomplish). 

IMG_3480.thumb.JPG.97bcf5e1a9d3743b4699a6dd6d19e8a1.JPG

Not sure why that white truck shows up in the picture but my build thread is below and the most current audio stuff starts about page 22 I believe if you don't want to go through the whole thread...

You can also see some of my audio stuff on my Instagram here....

https://www.instagram.com/mrmarvsplace/?hl=en

Right now I have the stock iob 7" headunit with a JL Audio twk 88 signal processor but I will most likely go with the 8" DMH-C5500NEX when the dash kits become available (I'll keep the twk 88 as the Pioneer doesn't have enough processing for what I'm looking to accomplish). 

IMG_3480.thumb.JPG.97bcf5e1a9d3743b4699a6dd6d19e8a1.JPG

Not sure why that white truck shows up in the picture but my build thread is below and the most current audio stuff starts about page 22 I believe if you don't want to go through the whole thread...
[/url]  
You can also see some of my audio stuff on my Instagram here....

https://www.instagram.com/mrmarvsplace/?hl=en

Why would you choose the nex over the restyle?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

53 minutes ago, TrillWill said:

Why would you choose ghee nex over the restyle ?

My original plan was to use the stock radio with the twk 88 for the additional processing I needed since I plan to compete again.  I didn't become aware of the Pioneer until after I sold the Alpine however if it had come out before I sold the Alpine (and I didn't need the additional processing) I would have just kept the Alpine. 

On the other hand if I were choosing between the new version of the Restyle and the Pioneer now  I would choose the Pioneer as features are very similar however the Pioneer is a much better value imo even after the cost of the idatalink Maestro that is included with the Restyle.

The main  reason for adding the Pioneer now is very superficial i.e. it looks better than my stock radio and another is the CD/DVD player I already have will plug right in without the need for the module it takes to connect that to my stock radio.   

My original plan was to use the stock radio with the twk 88 for the additional processing I needed since I plan to compete again.  I didn't become aware of the Pioneer until after I sold the Alpine however if it had come out before I sold the Alpine (and I didn't need the additional processing) I would have just kept the Alpine. 
On the other hand if I were choosing between the new version of the Restyle and the Pioneer now  I would choose the Pioneer as features are very similar however the Pioneer is a much better value imo even after the cost of the idatalink Maestro that is included with the Restyle.
The main  reason for adding the Pioneer now is very superficial i.e. it looks better than my stock radio and another is the CD/DVD player I already have will plug right in without the need for the module it takes to connect that to my stock radio.   

Im just trying to understand the difference in sound quality between the nex and restyle. Also, couldn't you have installed the dsp with the restyle and got the same results?

7 minutes ago, TrillWill said:

Im just trying to understand the difference in sound quality between the nex and restyle. Also, couldn't you have installed the dsp with the restyle and got the same results?

I seriously doubt anyone could hear a sound quality difference *with all tuning being equal* and yes I could have added the dsp to the Restyle however since I got an iPhone  I also wanted the CarPlay which my factory headunit has (original Restyle I had does not have CarPlay however the NEX does so I will still have it)

Btw, all of my tuning will be done via the twk 88 however imo the Pioneer also has a "better"/more flexible onboard dsp (same as the very popular DEH-80PRS)

Edited by Marv88

Btw, all of my tuning will be done via the twk 88 however imo the Pioneer also has a "better"/more flexible onboard dsp (same as the very popular DEH-80PRS)
There is the new restyle i209 with apple car play. My favorite stereo is always the nex model wich i have in my other nbs truck and every previous cars. But i feel like they are almost about the same when it comes to tuning with the restyle. I have my own tuning uploaded on the alpine connect app. I wish you wouldve been able to hear it. Im looking for a mosconi dsp at the moment. I currently have 2 sa-10 rev 3 with custom box and lifted back seats. Im intriguered to hear your system though