Discovered! Features you may not have known about...

I don't remember reading it anywhere, but most already know that the radio has a pause feature, but I found out the other day that if you pause it before turning the truck off, it will save it up to like an hour or so.  This might already be common knowledge.  I use it all the time as I listen to a lot of sports talk radio and I will pause before I have to run into the store quick or drop my daughter off at daycare. Then when I get back in the tuck, I can pick up where I left off and then skip through the commercials for awhile depending on how long it was paused.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/24/2021 at 9:41 AM, Strobel2414 said:

I don't remember reading it anywhere, but most already know that the radio has a pause feature, but I found out the other day that if you pause it before turning the truck off, it will save it up to like an hour or so.  This might already be common knowledge.  I use it all the time as I listen to a lot of sports talk radio and I will pause before I have to run into the store quick or drop my daughter off at daycare. Then when I get back in the tuck, I can pick up where I left off and then skip through the commercials for awhile depending on how long it was paused.

Good to know.

On 3/22/2020 at 6:20 PM, Tdragone said:

I read all 29 pages of this thread...  here's what I would like to know:

Several people in here have mentioned how to turn Grade Assist Braking OFF.  I want to know how to turn it ON in my 2016 Z71

I drive in rush hour traffic down a significant hill daily.  I'd love for this feature to be able to be activated the same way I count with the low speed hill climb...   But sadly I don't see a way to do this.  I'd love to be able to be rolling at 20-35 mph down a grade in traffic and set the grade assist to that speed going down the 1.5 mile hill instead if constantly hitting my brakes.  Shifting into manual helps some, but by no means does it do what the grade assist.. but ONLY on hot days (I think brake temp factors into the equation).  I wish someone had a sequence to activate it on my commute daily!

Have a good day all.

Stay safe.

-Tom D

I know this is kind of late, but:
image.png.ecf1e5ada234c4d4e28ef89e49d23491.png

Lane change signaling. Tap, three clicks and off. Just found it after five years. LOL

And when you’re in tow/haul it goes 6x then off. [emoji1360]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

I'm pretty sure my 2012 Silverado did that, even my 2009 Pontiac G5 might have. In fact I don't think I've had a vehicle newer then the G5 that hasn't done that. 

3 hours ago, ftwhite said:

I know this is kind of late, but:
image.png.ecf1e5ada234c4d4e28ef89e49d23491.png

Holy crap!  THANK YOU.  I will try this tomorrow.  This is not in my manual, but I will definitely give it a try!  THIS is what this forum is all about!

On 2/24/2021 at 12:41 PM, Strobel2414 said:

I believe this feature was only for 2014-2015. I think when they added Android Auto and HD radio they removed the recording.

I don't know if this has been reported but I just discovered that I when I am listening to a podcast through Bluetooth I can tap the left paddle to skip forward and back without having to tap the screen. 

• 4 weeks later...

Recently discovered with my Amazon Echo, I can say "Alexa...tell Chevrolet to start my truck"
I, then, get a response asking for my PIN, once I speak to the Echo with my PIN, it responds "Starting your Chevrolet Silverado Crew Cab" and, then, the truck starts up.

Also, I can say "Alexa... tell Chevrolet to stop my truck" and get a response "Stopping your Chevrolet Silverado Crew Cab." and, it stops.
Kinda cool, I think! :)

Echo.jpg

Edited by MikeBMW
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 4/14/2021 at 6:43 PM, MikeBMW said:

Recently discovered with my Amazon Echo, I can say "Alexa...tell Chevrolet to start my truck"
I, then, get a response asking for my PIN, once I speak to the Echo with my PIN, it responds "Starting your Chevrolet Silverado Crew Cab" and, then, the truck starts up.

Also, I can say "Alexa... tell Chevrolet to stop my truck" and get a response "Stopping your Chevrolet Silverado Crew Cab." and, it stops.
Kinda cool, I think! :)

Echo.jpg

Just so everyone knows,  you have to go in and add the Alexa Skill called "MyChevrolet" then you have to launch the skill and link your Mychevrolet account with your alexa account.   Once you do, it gives you the option for what vehicle to work with and that is all there is to it.  Then you can ask Alexa to start your vehicle, etc...

• Like 2

On 4/14/2020 at 12:58 PM, XPSer said:

Has anyone figured out a way to keep the front Daytime Running LEDs active while also using the turn signal on 16-18 LTZ? I've had numerous people tell me I have a headlight burnt out because it disables the light when the blinker is active. I just tell them thanks as I don't want to explain what's going on:-)

Actually this is a government regulation....all cars that have a combined DRL / turn signal have it shut off.  If there is any lamp within ****** centimeters of the turn signal it has to shut off.  So no, you wouldn't be able to bypass this.

• Like 1

On 6/4/2021 at 9:41 AM, Darel Matthews said:

Actually this is a government regulation....all cars that have a combined DRL / turn signal have it shut off.  If there is any lamp within ****** centimeters of the turn signal it has to shut off.  So no, you wouldn't be able to bypass this.

Since you did not say where you live (guessing Canada), it can't been done in the USA because one light can not be brighter than the other while both are functioning (turn signal on). We are easily distracted here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1