Discovered! Features you may not have known about...

On 1/22/2019 at 9:14 AM, CO-Stark said:

I was never a fan of the "auto" setting on the 4WD selector, but for whatever reason I tried it today in the snow and ice here in Colorado. I flipped to the 'off-road' page of the DIC and noticed it said AWD, not 4WD, with all 4 tires in green. I didn't realize it's a whole different mode, assumed it would switch at will between 2WD and 4WD. It was quite nice to have that extra traction going down the road and not have to shift back to 2WD to enter a parking lot without binding up while turning.

I always put mine in AUTO whenever there's any type of moisture falling from the sky.  I only use 4HI/4LO when I'm off pavement.  Otherwise, I'm always in 2HI.

I'm currently making a list of everything in this thread, I'll post when I finally reach the end.  Finding some really interesting features on these trucks, I have tried a few on my Cruze, some of them have worked there too.

On 3/24/2020 at 6:25 PM, Tdragone said:

Here’s the thing. It only activates for me in San Diego when it’s > 85* outside, and as I’m going down the grade I’m lightly dragging the brakes. The DIC Chime’s and says grade braking activated. At this time, it maintains my current speed with no throttle input. If I hit the brake, it disengages. If I throttle up, i speed up, if I let off it will hold the speed at which it activated. It’s a totally different experience than putting it in M3 and using the throttle to maintain speed. I wish I could get to my target speed then select cruise control, and then do something like hold down the hill descent braking lever in my truck to force it to activate the grade assist feature at the speed. 

I've never noticed mine doing that.  Mine active year round up here in the desert.

• 1 month later...

So, I’m sitting in my truck after getting home from work & I notice the mileage is at 16061. I think that’s cool, but I should set one of the screens to go with it. In scrolling I find that the Transmission Fluid Temp is at 162 degrees & think I’ll just wait for it to drop to 161 with the engine off. Now I’ve been sitting here a while watching that temp & it drops from 162 to 160. It flips between the 2 before settling on 160. I’m guessing it only reads in 2 degree increments? So, I crank it up & watch it go 160, 162, then 163, 164, 165... Hmm. I turn it off & watch it go back down in the opposite order. Then it goes to 158, 156, & is now at 154 after several minutes of sitting & watching...
Kinda weird how it seems to only read in even numbers below 162, but reads every degree above that. 

9F2B72B9-37F1-405D-98BF-B4DE62FF458A.jpeg

Edited by AdioSS
Tried to upload a video, but didn’t work.

• 1 month later...
On 1/21/2020 at 8:02 AM, doropallo said:

That's what I was trying to say, when I turn on the fogs the other lights come on except for the headlights, as if I turned on the parking lights, but I didn't.

If I understand correctly, fog lights, at least in actual fog, are intended to be run as the only light source so it sounds proper to me. Normal headlights are so bright that they reflect the fog. Fog lights are lower powered and therefore don’t reflect back as much and blind you. Fog lights are designed to be ran in fog without use of the primary lights.

That said, I have found fog lights useful to illuminate a wider area than my regular headlights in conjunction with regular headlights. i.e. in a dark neighborhood and trying to watch for pedestrians around corners. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Something that the salesman at the dealership showed me, was when you're hooking up to a (pull behind) trailer, open the tailgate and loop one of the cables over the post.  Puts the tailgate/backup camera, if equipped, right over the ball.  He had shown it to me to line up the trailer and ball, but you can do that just fine with the tailgate closed.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/19/2018 at 6:23 AM, Skeeter McSkeet said:

This is probably a fairly obvious one, but it’s been asked about many times.

Power fold mirrors inward by holding the lock button on your key fob a couple seconds on the second click.

Edit to keep from adding another post:

Hold unlock for couple seconds on second click of the fob to roll windows down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2015.5 Silverado 2500 HD LTZ and this feature does not work on my truck, does it have to be enabled somewhere? " Hold unlock for couple seconds on second click of the fob to roll windows down"

37 minutes ago, navybuff said:

2015.5 Silverado 2500 HD LTZ and this feature does not work on my truck, does it have to be enabled somewhere? " Hold unlock for couple seconds on second click of the fob to roll windows down"

I does have to be enabled at least on my 2016. There is a setting that you have to change on the radio. I think it might be under convenience??? I disabled it on mine because I don't trust myself and fobs. Knowing me, I would accidentally do it during a rain storm and have a real mess. But also security wise, if I did accidentally do it  someone could easily get in my Silverado and take whatever they wanted... City life sucks.

On 2/16/2021 at 7:39 AM, navybuff said:

On 2/16/2021 at 8:20 AM, mikeyk101 said:

I does have to be enabled at least on my 2016. There is a setting that you have to change on the radio. I think it might be under convenience??? I disabled it on mine because I don't trust myself and fobs. Knowing me, I would accidentally do it during a rain storm and have a real mess. But also security wise, if I did accidentally do it  someone could easily get in my Silverado and take whatever they wanted... City life sucks.

On 2/16/2021 at 8:28 AM, navybuff said:

Thanks Mike, I will look today...

@navybuff, I know it worked on my 2015.  Like @mikeyk101 said, you'll have to turn it on in the vehicle settings under the convenience package. 

When you go to unlock the truck, and do not want the windows down, let go of the unlock button at the second flash of the turn signals.  If you hold it past that, the windows will roll down.