Discovered! Features you may not have known about...

On 5/21/2018 at 1:00 PM, Cjmooch said:

For those who like to drift in the snow or need to turn off the traction control in sticky situations, hold down the traction control for about 5 seconds and the stabilitrak will also turn off, which turns off the traction control "even more". If stabilitrak is still on it will not let the wheels spin freely. This also works for other trucks as well, especially fords. This came in handy for the rental in colorado for doing donuts in the parking lot haha

this works.. but stabilitrack seems to kick out at bout 40-50kmh on my 2017.

On 9/8/2019 at 12:31 PM, Mozzer said:

Yep, stabilitrak turns itself back on above about 50kmh, traction control stays off.

Sent using Tapatalk - 2014 5.3 WT

any way to change that? or anyone know of a possible sport mode? now that would be sweet..

On 9/10/2019 at 12:35 AM, no12nv said:

any way to change that? or anyone know of a possible sport mode? now that would be sweet..

Guinea pig this for all of us and report back.

http://www.tuningbyshanehinds.com/2014-12-gm-truck-stabilitrak-disabler

On 1/3/2019 at 10:33 AM, TCSpeedy said:

Sorry, that one was in a different thread. 

For simplicity’s sake, pull off the driver’s side fuse panel cover and switch this 50 fuse from the position it’s in, to the second position...  referred to in the owner’s manual as postions 10&11. 

This changes the power outlet on the dash from constant, to RAP (switches off after 10 minutes).  

Hope that helps!

0B636BAC-43DE-4AD3-9025-EC67BAA7E2D4.jpeg

Many thanks for this. I have a stripped 2019 GMC Sierra Limited double cab and I occasionally use a Garmin GPS for navigation. I wanted the 12-volt dash outlet to be switched in order to shut off the GPS when the truck was key off.

• Like 1

I have a question about the 50 amp fuse is positions 10/11... I have it in the position for battery (11), I want to be able to leave my phone charging occasionally when out of the truck, but it doesn't seem to stay on.  If I'm gone for an extended period I can hear the phone make the tone like it was just plugged in and starting to charge when I open the door or get into the seat. It would only do this if it hadn't been charging.  Now I am using the USB ports in the center stack and not the power outlets.... I just assumed that the RAP power or Battery power was to the USB and Power Outlets...  Was I wrong or am I missing something else?

• Like 1

This would be great if it didn't have to disable the ABS at the same time, Happy to drive without the Stabilitrak in the winter, ABS not to so much

Sent using Tapatalk - 2014 5.3 WT

On 9/15/2019 at 4:43 PM, Fallguy67 said:

I have a question about the 50 amp fuse is positions 10/11... I have it in the position for battery (11), I want to be able to leave my phone charging occasionally when out of the truck, but it doesn't seem to stay on.  If I'm gone for an extended period I can hear the phone make the tone like it was just plugged in and starting to charge when I open the door or get into the seat. It would only do this if it hadn't been charging.  Now I am using the USB ports in the center stack and not the power outlets.... I just assumed that the RAP power or Battery power was to the USB and Power Outlets...  Was I wrong or am I missing something else?

If you have the floor console the constant-power only works for the outlets under the accessory switches.  The USB outlets inside the center console and the 12V on the rear of the center console still shut off after 10 minutes.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, sk said:

If you have the floor console the constant-power only works for the outlets under the accessory switches.  The USB outlets inside the center console and the 12V on the rear of the center console still shut off after 10 minutes.

Thanks...I realized I wasn't clear about which USB ports...

I am talking about the 3 USB ports on the center stack that are with the two power outlets and the 110 AC outlet.  I haven't tested to power outlets to see if they stay on, but I guess I just thought it would all stay on with fuse in right position.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/17/2019 at 2:28 PM, Fallguy67 said:

Thanks...I realized I wasn't clear about which USB ports...

I am talking about the 3 USB ports on the center stack that are with the two power outlets and the 110 AC outlet.  I haven't tested to power outlets to see if they stay on, but I guess I just thought it would all stay on with fuse in right position.

It may have something to do with the driver door. If you go from passenger door, turn truck on and off then your radio will still play till RAP shuts off. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ozer said:

It may have something to do with the driver door. If you go from passenger door, turn truck on and off then your radio will still play till RAP shuts off. 

I wondered about that. But I was thinking on "battery power" would mean they would stay powered regardless of door being open. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

On 9/11/2019 at 11:02 PM, Mileguru said:

Just unplug steering position sensor on your steering column, no more Stabilatrak. 

45 minutes ago, L86 All Terrain said:

Pull interior door handle twice to open a locked door, even while in motion. You don't have to put the truck in park or manually unlock the doors to let someone out. Perfect for dumping off your side piece as quick as possible. 

"Side Piece", gun or girlfriend???

if girlfriend, don't think she will like that nickname...….

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JimCost2014 said:

if girlfriend, don't think she will like that nickname...….

Probably not, but if she doesn't care about your wife, she probably isn't too classy anyway. I don't condone throwing handguns out of trucks. They are soon to be gone in my country if the Libs get in again which concerns me. 

• Like 3