In between packing up our house to move and work I finally found time to pull together my review of the Bumpershellz I installed on my Sierra.  

I picked up a set of the bedlined bumpershellz for my GMC through the recent group-buy we did on the forum a while back.  Side note, thank you to everyone who participated, it was fun.  First impression, these things are badass!!!  The bedliner was an excellent choice.  I was back and forth between doing a PTM or the bedliner, glad I went with the liner version. 

I have installed body accessories in my tuner days (think, front lips on Civics) and was fully expecting to have to modify the shellz to fit my truck because body panel accessories never fit.  These fit right out of the box making life REALLY easy.  One note, the adhesive is really tacky so like Eminem says, "You only get one shot, do not miss your chance to-" TEST FIT! TEST FIT! TEST FIT!    Final verdict: I would without a doubt install these again if I needed to. 

Anyways here are some pictures of the final product and my Youtube install video.  Water Fowler junior wanted to help and shows that even kids can do this install. 

7ae623a097e3e16efff0a8757d20a077.jpg23d779416d93dc4358111ee77b0b6e45.jpg

Installation sparknotes for the laz:

1. Clean bumper
  2. Wipe bumper with isopropyl alcohol
  3. Install blackout tape
  4. Remove adhesive backing
  5. Slap the shellz on the truck
  6. Sit back and admire
  Enjoy!!!

WF41

https://youtu.be/YKUyQgOYLNI

• Like 4

Looks good. One of the things I dislike about mine is all the chrome. I'm thinking of having the bumpers powder coated.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

That’s an option too. I have the ugly monkey shit brown color so finding an exact match wouldn’t have been easy or cost effective for me.

Thanks for posting.  I've been trying to find  something on the forum about them, but can't.  Can you post a link to the group buy?  Any other reviews?

31 minutes ago, Ron505 said:

Thanks for posting.  I've been trying to find  something on the forum about them, but can't.  Can you post a link to the group buy?  Any other reviews?

Unfortunately, the group buy closed up on 3/8/2018.  We ended up with 14 people and a total discount of 15%.  I had a ton of fun running that, would love to do more group buys for other parts. 

If you are interested in a price on the shellz, I would highly recommend calling Ecoological before ordering them off theirs or another companies site. 

1 hour ago, Waterfowler41 said:

Unfortunately, the group buy closed up on 3/8/2018.  We ended up with 14 people and a total discount of 15%.  I had a ton of fun running that, would love to do more group buys for other parts. 

If you are interested in a price on the shellz, I would highly recommend calling Ecoological before ordering them off theirs or another companies site. 

What a bummer!!!  I don't know how I missed it.  I definitely would have been "in".

Definitely like these, but my bumpers are already black - been a when not if thing getting the front and rear line-x'd.  Really wish these were cheaper so I could make a case for these over line x.  The price is about the same.  Yeah this gives you the option of removal, but it still just seems overpriced for plastic.

I wouldn't have to remove the bumpers though to go get them sprayed.  Found a website that sells them a little cheaper, but the truckbed abs isn't an option outside of mfg website.

Are they easily removable by chance? It would be awesome to be able to cover up my painted bumpers when driving the over-grown in logging roads out to the walleye holes, but still have the option to remove them and show the paint when back in town. Looks great either way. 

Are they easily removable by chance? It would be awesome to be able to cover up my painted bumpers when driving the over-grown in logging roads out to the walleye holes, but still have the option to remove them and show the paint when back in town. Looks great either way. 

Negative my man, they are removable but not without some tools like a heat gun
  • Sad 1

• 1 year later...

I am restarting this old thread in hopes of hearing recent experiences with this product.  Waterfowler41 made  an excellent video on his install and organized a group buy for forum members a couple of years ago.  Has anyone purchased this product recently or found a similar product?  I recently acquired an unsightly (to me) small dent on my front bumper.  It isn't very noticeable and it is hard to justify a bumper replacement.  

I am restarting this old thread in hopes of hearing recent experiences with this product.  Waterfowler41 made  an excellent video on his install and organized a group buy for forum members a couple of years ago.  Has anyone purchased this product recently or found a similar product?  I recently acquired an unsightly (to me) small dent on my front bumper.  It isn't very noticeable and it is hard to justify a bumper replacement.  

I’ve had mine on since the group buy with zero problems. Just can’t get my paint and clear to stay on my parking sensors so they match the covers! Tape still is holding fine on them. I’ll say the small piece that goes above the hitch does have a little wiggle to it every now and then. I think it’s from people stepping on the bumper right above it instead of using the steps in the corners. I’ll give it a little push every now and then, but it doesn’t seem it’s going anywhere. They hold up fine to high pressure washes as well. This is the only pic I have on this new phone currently of any part of the covers.
7cd8793d13d4518c83220df4a7276b53.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Ive had my front one one since the group buy and the rear one on even longer.  Both look great and are holding up fine.  Mine are white and i didnt paint them because the color match is really close to the summit white.  I just wash them and wax them like I do my truck and theres no fading or yellowing.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, DirtyMarcus said:

Ive had my front one one since the group buy and the rear one on even longer.  Both look great and are holding up fine.  Mine are white and i didnt paint them because the color match is really close to the summit white.  I just wash them and wax them like I do my truck and theres no fading or yellowing.

My truck is the same colour as Op's which adds to my consideration.   I like the look of the "bedliner" finish but it would look odd on my totally stock truck.  Having the BumperShellz painted to match would add significantly to the cost and would negate any added benefit of protection.  Any bumps or scrapes would show up even more!