Power window issue

I know this is a known issue with these trucks, but my power windows do not work. Let me restate( all but my passenger side, which only works from that side, not my driver control). Not my rear windows either from their control, which has me confused. I checked to see where all I had power cause I’ve heard of the broken power wire issue in the door boot before. All the times I’ve read about that it’s been a green wire. In my case my power in is red and white stripped. Which this has tested that it has power to all window controllers and master (driver switch). Where do I go from here?? I’ve tried a replacement master switch and that didn’t resolve my problem so now I’m at a lose. I can’t believe I have 3 out of 4 bad motors. Where would the rest of you start? I’ll include a picture of the under side of my master control just to confirm what I believe is my power in. 

78EEBC7D-20D3-4653-8219-1D2921459FE0.jpeg

You can test the motors by supplying power to them by jumper wires. Maybe they got fried by a lightening strike, or perhaps a particulary robust Taco Bell toot. You can also push the button that make them move, and use a volt meter to see if they are receiving power.  

Not sure what year make model you have so I cant provide pictures. The basic concept is that you remove the door panel to access the window motor. You unplug the electrical connector to the window motor. The put a volt meter on the electrical connections coming from the truck. Then activate the window switch to see if there is a jump in volts (should be around 12v). If you are getting 12v from the terminals, then you have a window motor problem. OR - You can hook wires up to the + and - on your battery, and touch those wires to the electrical connections that come from the window motor. If supplying power to the motor directly from your car battery makes the window motor activate, then you know the motor is good, and the power supply is the issue. 

03.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

download.png

Sorry just realized I didn’t include my year model (‘07 the newer body style). I’ll have to try to jumper the power and see if that works. Any thoughts on why I’d have power going in on the switch in my picture above, but my window lock bottom won’t light up when pressed? Don’t know if that could be an indication on where I could have the power interruption? I must have power in to the switch in some capacity due to the fact the individual window buttons are still illuminated, correct?

Archived